We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cafe Del Mar- amazing off the beaten path

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
197 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Cafe Del Mar- amazing off the beaten path

We were driving around Uvita looking for a place for lunch when we saw a sign for this restaurant down a one lane dirt road. At first, we drove past it and had to turn around at a dead end. Look for the swing hanging out front. The husband and wife team that run this little jewel speak beautiful English. They asked us what we wanted and we ask for suggestions. We ended up having the most amazing seafood burrito. What made it even more special were the sauces that the husband made. The coconut hot sauce was truly amazing! 4 adults and 3 kids ate for $50.00. We plan to head back on our next visit to the area in Novemember. About 50 meters from the end of their road is the national park, so it is a great jumping off place to visit the whales tale.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
16,093 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cafe Del Mar- amazing off the beaten path

Great info, pumpkin. Always good to hear about family run business that makes you wanting to go back.

Dominical, Costa...
Level Contributor
185 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cafe Del Mar- amazing off the beaten path

Thanks for the report. Always nice to know there are some places that a local has not discovered yet. I have an appointment to have my car serviced in that area next week so I will check them out. I also have a place in Keystone. Don't know what part of Denver you live but the first place I go after getting off the plane is Senior Ric's near Mississippi and I-225 mostly because of their chips and salsa. They have been there for 20 years easy and always a consistent place to enjoy good Mexican food.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
197 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cafe Del Mar- amazing off the beaten path

We live near Red Rocks Amp just outside of the small town of Morrison. While down here we got an offer that we accepted on our place in Keystone( Red Hawk Lodge)! Small world. We are in the process of determining whether we will move down here full time and selling Keystone was the first step. We have owned a place in Jaco for the last 5 years and have really seen the town improve for the better. Jaco will hold onto its reputation for years to come, but the town has done a great job of pushing out the sleazier elements. We have been here already a week and have seen none of it.

Each trip down we try to visit a different area and Dominical/Uvita was on our list this time. We really enjoyed our time in the area, so plan to come back for a night when we are down in November. I hope to find a better bug repellent by then. Bugs love me and my daughter. My husband does not have a single bite. We told him it was because we are nicer!

4. Re: Cafe Del Mar- amazing off the beaten path

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2015, 06:15