We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uvita in September

Which Uvita hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Topic
Uvita in September

Hi - we are looking to book our honeymoon in early September! Considering this is rainy season wanted to see your opinion about Uvita this time of year.

Also, where do you recommend staying? REally love the look/feel of this hotel (zen-modern-chic:

jetsetter.com/hotels/…

Really want to relax/enjoy have a nice beach and of course do some eco-tourism activites!

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Uvita in September

Sorry, autie, that you didn't believe what I wrote in my other post and you didn't even look at the website I recommended.

Uvita is a nice place -- but in September, there would be a LOT of rain.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,840 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Uvita in September

October and September are the rainiest months of the year for much of the country. More than a good chance you will be rained out in the Uvita area. If you are okay with rain, then go for it. If not I would look to Northern Guanacaste or the Caribbean side. The Caribe side has their dry season then, Maybe check http://www.lecameleonhotel.com/ for something "chic"

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Uvita in September

I am getting ready to leave for CR next week. To avoid rainy season, we will be going to the carribean coast, but for 4 days we will be in Uvita at the end of October. Will we be able to kayak, go rating, surfing even with the downpour?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Uvita in September

I was there at UVITA yesterday…some rain late morning not bad at all during the afternoon!

roadadvisor

Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
Level Contributor
2,646 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Uvita in September

This year September in Uvita was wonderful, occasional late afternoon storms wonderful sunny days. Or like Roadadvisor mentions some rain in the early morning. Its been like this the last couple of years.... When it rains it rains a lot in a short period, it is uncommon in recent years for rain to last more than a couple of hours. Advantages - lush green vegetation, warm, lots of wildlife few tourists and cheaper prices...

Edited: 11 October 2014, 08:10
6. Re: Uvita in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2015, 06:15