We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best hotel

Which Sozopol hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Wales, UK
Level Contributor
368 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
The best hotel

Hi

Sozopol sounds perfect for us, so we're just looking for some hotel recommendations.

We'd like to say somewhere quite luxurious, but the hotels on TA don't appear to be five star. Which is no problem, as long as they're not awful. I'd like a sea view, within walking distance of the old town. And if there were sunset views as well, that would be fantastic.

Could any experts on Sozopol help out, please?

Thank you!

Sofia
Destination Expert
for Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
514 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The best hotel

Hi there! As yoy have found out, Sozopol isn't the place of luxury hotels, and hope it will remain such :) Because otherwise it would turn into a mass commercial resort like sunny beach or golden sands...

In my opinion the hotel which would respond to your requirements to a great extent is Hotel Selena.

Have a nice holiday!

South Wales, UK
Level Contributor
368 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The best hotel

Thank you for your suggestion, but I notice that there are a number of attractive looking hotels/aparthotels that are not listed on TripAdvisor (surprise - not all are. I stayed at a fab hotel in Tenerife a few years ago that wasn't on TA. It did make me suspicious, but there was nothing wrong with it at all.)

These are South Pearl Resort, Dreamland Apartments and Villa's Hotel. They all look modern and clean with sea views and mostly positive reviews on the bookings.com website. So I wonder, why not on TA?

Is it that they're some distance from town (I know South Pearl isn't)? If not, why are they not rated? Any answers? Perhaps they've simply chosen not to be part of TripAdvisor.

If anyone knows anything about these places, I'd be glad to hear it!

Sofia
Destination Expert
for Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
514 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The best hotel

Hi again! I'm glad that you found more options but check their location, km away from the Old Town, you need hours of walking to reach it :))) They are even not in Sozopol (only Villa's Hotel is IN the Old Town). In addition I didn't know that Selena is on TA and booking.com is very reliable!

South Wales, UK
Level Contributor
368 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The best hotel

I've tried to book a room at the Selena, but it's proving pretty difficult. The only way of getting one appears to be directly through the hotel. There's a problem with the website booking page, e-mails keep bouncing back and nobody is answering the phone!

Any ideas?!

Doncaster
Level Contributor
108 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The best hotel

Be careful which Selena hotel your aiming for as there are Two.. Selena and Selena Beach.

The Selena is bang in the Middle of the Newtown overlooking the town beach and Selena Beach is just as you get out of the New town on the main road heading south ( 20 mins walk between the 2 hotels)

When we were there last month we stayed at the Selena beach and visited the Selena for a nosey and meal.

Selena Beach is more laid back (Family run who do work in the hotel), quieter, spotlessly clean and the staff cannot do enough for you. Excellent Food. Very comfortable rooms that only lack a kettle.

The Meal we had at The Selena was very good.. but then again it was an international menu mainly including curry and the prices reflected that etc...

We booked the Selena Beach direct.... no waiting for an answer.. fast and efficient booking service by Email. Plus they will do an airport transfer.

Of the 2..I am glad we chose Selena Beach... I dont think I would have enjoyed 2 weeks of being in a hotel right in the hustle and bustle of town.

South Wales, UK
Level Contributor
368 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The best hotel

Hi pussinboot

Thanks for the advice, but I was clear from the start of the distinction between the two. I'm glad you enjoyed the Selena Beach, but I think the Selena's more for us.

All booked now - and great value too!

Thanks again!

south wales
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The best hotel

Hello only just noticed your message. I have stayed at the Selena twice and can honestly say it is a lovely hotel and you have definately made the right choice. The Selena Beach is further from the Old Town. You will not find a better value, modern beach front hotel than the Selena. I know you will enjoy it there.

South Wales, UK
Level Contributor
368 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The best hotel

Thanks, Annie. I looked at everything on TA before making the decision. The Selena ticked all the boxes and all we're hoping for now is that the weather holds until the second week of September!

Thanks for the reassurance!

Kirkcaldy, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: The best hotel

Hi I'm booked at the Selena Hotel for first 2 weeks in September so and I have checked about every report on the hotel and if it lives up to the reports I think we have both made the right choice

Concord, CA
Level Contributor
30 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The best hotel

I think Selena is probably your best bet too. We didn't stay there this July but did

have drinks on their outdoor patio one night & it looked pretty fancy to us. I do agree with the other comment. I don't want a lot of fancy hotels in Sozopol. I like the place just the way it is!

Regards - Rodomaster

Get answers to your questions about Sozopol