We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sozopol winter weather

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
147 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Sozopol winter weather

Hi all, I know Sozopol is a summer resort but I am wondering what the average temperatures are for December/january and february, hopefully somebody on trip advisor lives there and can tell me

many thanks

George

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
459 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sozopol winter weather

Hi

Cant help with Sozopol exactly BUT I have pictures of SNOW on the BEACH in Ravda & Nessebar last Winter. I know Sozopol is slightly further south but don't think it would be very much warmer.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
147 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sozopol winter weather

thanks maverick, appreciate the help and it was pretty much what I expected, I just wanted to make sure as we were wondering what living there for the winter is like weather wise, also does it turn into a ghost town, i am hoping for a reply from a rsident as we are thinking strongly of relocating

G.

Kilmarnock, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
1,771 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sozopol winter weather

Sozopol wouldn't turn into a ghost town like Sunny Beach does as it's still a town where Bulgarian's live and you've still got a military link to the port there. It will get quieter but not completely.

The weather on the Black Sea coast in winter is a lot different to Sofia or Plovdiv, but we've been to both in January and the weather has been cold but not too cold. I actually think it was colder here last year.

Sofia
Destination Expert
for Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
525 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sozopol winter weather

Hello!

According to the statistics the average temperature for Burgas are:

- Dec: 5 C;

- Jan: 3 C;

- Feb: 4 C;

In Sozopol it would be the same. But have in mind that due to the sea and the wet climate / wind the temperature you feel may be much lower!

Hope it helps!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
147 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sozopol winter weather

maverick, stefburgas and doodko, you guys epitomise what trip advisor is all about

thank you so much for your help and you have certainly given me the information i needed

cheers

George

Nuneaton, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
7,897 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sozopol winter weather

Just to let you know, it was snowing in Kosharista, close to Sunny Beach today.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
147 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sozopol winter weather

thanks toonman, I live in Ireland and the winter weather in Sozopol seems pretty much similar to here,this is not as extreme as say Sofia so we are pretty happy with this, it was snowing in Galway yesterday in ireland

many thanks toonman for taking the bother to reply

G.

Burgas, Bulgaria
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bansko
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sozopol winter weather

It`s 18c, no wind and bright sunshine today in Bourgas......the Black Sea Coast does get cold and even snowy in winter, however, it`s rarely very windy and more often than not, sunny and cloud free, meaning that many winter days are really pleasant.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
147 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sozopol winter weather

nmaoban this is really great news, lets hope that this continues to be the norm, it sounds a lovely place to retire to, which is what we are planning

Thanks again for all the replies, again TA members have helped me greatly with their knowledge

George

Burgas, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
44 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sozopol winter weather

We've lived between Burgas and Sozopol for the last 4 winters and experienced all kinds of weather. This winter it's been up and down just like the UK. Christmas was bright and crisp and the winter was relatively mild in our area up until last week. Over the last few days most of Bulgaria was hit with heavy snow and it's causing real problems. Around Burgas we had 2 days of heavy rain and gales which turned to snow yesterday. Temperatures have plummeted to a real feel of -14. The road between Sozopol and Primorsko is closed as the Ropatomo river has flooded. When you live here you adapt and log burners are wonderful when it's snowing outside.

Get answers to your questions about Sozopol
Recent Conversations
More Sozopol Topics