We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

9 hour layover

Atlanta, Georgia
1 post
Save Topic
9 hour layover

Hi everyone,

Im taking a flight from Washington DC to Frankfurt and have about a 9 hour layover before my connecting flight to Singapore. Was hoping to get some advice on wheather I should get a airport hotel or get out of the airport and tour the city a bit. If so any suggestions on where I should go/see? Also what would be the quickest way to city center? BTW I have a United States Passport

Thanks!

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,648 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 9 hour layover

Frankfurt forum is full of layover questions and suggestions.

It would be however important to know when your layover is (until 23. Dec. Frankfurt Christmas Market) and the time span (what will be open or not).

You can travel by S-Bahn trains from Terminal 1 to Hauptwache (the most central stop in the city center) in 15 minutes.

Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
8,753 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 9 hour layover

That Frankfurt forum btw: tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g187337-i301-Frank…

(You postet in Frankfurt, Brandenburg which ist almost 500 miles away)

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,648 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 9 hour layover

Indeed. For layover suggestions you have to look in the linked Frankfurt forum.

Frankfurt (Main) in Hesse

While this is the "main" Frankfurt this means actually Frankfurt at the (river) Main.

Frankfurt/Oder in Brandenburg (directly at the border to Poland)

As you may now already assume this Frankfurt is located at the river Oder.

4. Re: 9 hour layover

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Frankfurt (Oder)