We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is One Hour Enough Time

Laroque des...
Level Contributor
26 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Is One Hour Enough Time

I am about to book to fly from Toulouse to Calgary via Frankfurt. I have a few choices but the shortest is One Hour between flights. They both use the same terminal but I am concerned if this will be long enough to transfer?? Many thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Frankfurt
Frankfurt
Hesse, Germany
St. Marienkirche
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Rathaus
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Oderpromenade
Playgrounds, Parks, Hiking Trails
Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
4,698 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is One Hour Enough Time

If this is a booking on one ticket, you will be fine. If your first flight is delayed and you miss the second flight (which can happen), then the airline will find a solution for you, i.e. they will rebook you to a later flight, because it's not your fault. You might even get a free night at a hotel if the delay is long.

Do not book this as two separate trips with separate tickets. The slightest delay would ruin your schedule.

You can easily make the connection if the flight is on time and if it's in the same terminal.

Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
9,962 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is One Hour Enough Time

Honestly, I'd ignore post #2. More than 50 million passengers pass through Frankfurt airport every year and almost all of them make their connections. While one hour is not an awful lot of time for going through passport control and security check on the way to the next gate, it should be perfectly fine, especially since you don't have to change terminals. The minimum connection time in Frankfurt is 45 minutes for international flights.

Edited: 19 February 2014, 15:56
Mentioned in this post
Frankfurt
Frankfurt
Hesse, Germany
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
15,265 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is One Hour Enough Time

If your flight arrives on time, which they usually do flying trans-Atlantic, you should be fine. Just follow the transfer signs and don't dawdle along the way. The checkpoint you will pass through may even have a fast lane for those having little time. The problems tend to occur traveling in the other direction when if your airport is close to Frankfurt they will delay take-off until there is a slot for the plane. Then you sit there at your originating airport on your plane while the time rapidly flies by. Even in such circumstances, I've made a connection in Frankfurt in slightly less than 30 minutes. Unfortunately, trans-Atlantic flights tend to use the ends of the terminals making your walk longer, but if you need to get from 1B to !C there is a connecting walkway part way down the terminal which transfers can use, and this checkpoint usually has very few users. Note that you cannot just walk between gates as arrivals and departures are on different secure levels of the airport and you must pass through a checkpoint, which in your case should also serve as immigration to the Schengen area of Europe.

Edited: 19 February 2014, 16:18
Mentioned in this post
Frankfurt
Frankfurt
Hesse, Germany
Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
9,962 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is One Hour Enough Time

He is leaving Europe, marcopolko.

Btw: I'm not sure if you have to go through security at all in Frankfurt but I'd assume that flights to Canada have the same security status as those to the US, for which a secondary screening for transit passengers is obligatory.

Mentioned in this post
Frankfurt
Frankfurt
Hesse, Germany
inverness
Level Contributor
35 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is One Hour Enough Time

hi all i am flying to south Africa from Edinburgh single ticket first time arr.Frankfurt 20.30 depart 21.55 land term.1 depart term 1.A is this enough time any help and tips app. thanks rustynail

Mentioned in this post
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
418 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is One Hour Enough Time

OP posted this on the Frankfurt (Oder) - Brandenburg forums??

Mentioned in this post
Frankfurt
Frankfurt
Hesse, Germany
Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
39,844 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is One Hour Enough Time

Frankfurt (Oder) is a city east of Berlin on the German/Polish border. And has no airport.

Frankfurt International Airport (FRA) is at Frankfurt (Main) in the German federal state Hesse. The right forum for Frankfurt (Main) is

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g187337-i301-Frank…

Mentioned in this post
Frankfurt
Frankfurt
Hesse, Germany
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
Hesse
Hesse
Germany
8. Re: Is One Hour Enough Time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 June 2014, 13:05
9. Re: Is One Hour Enough Time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Frankfurt (Oder)