We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer: Chania to Agia Pelagia

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer: Chania to Agia Pelagia

Hello everybody,

Does anybody know how can I get transferred from Chania to Agia Pelagia? I am asking for any contact to a person or company who would transfer four people and a little luggage.

I am not interested in buses, because we are arriving at 21:00, so when the last bus departures. I also cannot rebook flight and the hotel.

Does anybody have any ideas? The transfer is needed 24th of August to Agia Pelagia and 31th of August back to Chania.

Best regards!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer: Chania to Agia Pelagia

Hi there

Have a look at one of the shuttle companies like ResortHoppa, Transfer4U and the like. They run 24/7/365 and are generally a very cost effective way of reaching your resort.

http://www.resorthoppa.com/

http://www.transfers4u.com/

We have used T4U many times on various Greek islands and have never had a problem with them.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer: Chania to Agia Pelagia

Thanks a lot.

Does anybody know any local company or person to do it for less than 145 Euro one way?

What you think about getting there and asking Taxi Drivers? Is it any good way?

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,020 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer: Chania to Agia Pelagia

I think you will be very lucky to find a shared transfer, because it is a long route and not one which is likely to be taken by many people.

So the only options they are likely to give will be taxis, which will be more expensive than just getting one at the airport.

So I think the only options you have are to either take a taxi, cost probably about €150 each way, or stay the night in Chania and get the bus the next day, or hire a car for the whole of your holiday and pick it up at the airport - probably cheaper than a return transfer, and of course you can use it for the whole week.

Link follows to taxi fares - from 2010, add about 20% to give current fares. Agia Pelagia is nearer Heraklion than Rethymnon, hence my estimate of the fare.

…blogspot.co.uk/2010/04/taxi-fares-in-chania…

Edited: 24 June 2012, 13:31
Derby, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer: Chania to Agia Pelagia

I would be glad to rent a car, but the problem is my age. Every company wants the driver to be more than 20 years old.

Maybe anybody does know the company which would like to rent me a car then?

I found one, but they want about 350 Euro for the very small car.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,020 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer: Chania to Agia Pelagia

If you are 20 or under, you will find it very difficult.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer: Chania to Agia Pelagia

Hi there

Could I just ask if you have booked this holiday via OnThe Beach as they to be sending loads of people to resorts in central/eastern Crete but flying them via RyanAir into Chania, leaving them a huge transfer to pay for.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,685 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer: Chania to Agia Pelagia

Hi GB

Hmm. I've just had a look at the onthebeach website, and put in an arbitrary date, for which flights to Chania AND Heraklion came up. If they fly to Heraklion as well as Chania, why are they selling accommodation near Heraklion to people to whom they've sold flights to Chania? It was bad enough when we thought they were simply pulling the wool over unsuspecting eyes - but if they could put people on flights to Heraklion, I'd say they are behaving even more badly!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfer: Chania to Agia Pelagia

Hi alabastron

As far as I know, OnTheBeach use RyanAir whenever possible and of course, they only fly to Chania. I wonder then who they use for the Iraklion flights? It'd be interesting to know for sure....

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transfer: Chania to Agia Pelagia

To be honest with you - I booked my holiday via onthebeach, but I booked only hotel in Agia Pelagia. I am going to book the flight on my own as there were many complaints about flying with onthebeach. I am going to use ryanair booked by myself, not through them. Even if I would have to pay 150 Euro transfer fee It would be more cost efficient for four people, than booking flight to Heraklion. These are MUCH more expensive than Ryanair flights. Can you find any flight from Midlands to Heraklion for less than 45 GBP / person. Probably not...

I know it is a lot of hassle, but first of all I checked the cheap flights, then found nice accomodation in Crete and booked it and at the end I found out how far from Chania it is. I admit it is my mistake. I wanted to rebook my holiday somewhere closer to Chania, but onthebeach wants 80 GBP administration fee, 10 GBP card surecharge for changing the booking, plus any additional costs that can occure. So 90GBP or more. I prefere to stick to my booking and find some other way. I would rather pay some man for transferring us, not the company for nothing really.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,685 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transfer: Chania to Agia Pelagia

Here's the link:

onthebeach.co.uk/flight_searches/…108300847

Mainly Monarch flights, it looks like.

Edit: the link doesn't work: sorry.

Edited: 24 June 2012, 18:01
Get answers to your questions about Agia Pelagia