We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On the Beach Grrr Airport Chania resort Agia Pelagia?

Chesterfield...
2 posts
Save Topic
On the Beach Grrr Airport Chania resort Agia Pelagia?

Have just booked for 21st Sept for one week but didn't realise the airport was so far away. I will be travelling with my 12 year old grandaughter. I have searched airport transfers which are in excess of £300!!! Does anyone have any ideas what i can do??

Oxford
Level Contributor
177 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: On the Beach Grrr Airport Chania resort Agia Pelagia?

Just to be clear: have you booked the flights to Chania? I guess you've realised by now Heraklion is way closer :-(

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: On the Beach Grrr Airport Chania resort Agia Pelagia?

Hi there

OnTheBeach are very good at selling holidays in central/eastern Crete and then flying their customers to Chania airport in the far west. They even say that "such and such a resort is just 15 kms from the airport" - what they don't say is that the resort is 15kms from Iraklion airport but probably 150 kms from Chania. They are mis-selling holidays and I'd be straight on the phone to them.

There have been lots of people posting on here over the previous couple of months who have been duped in a similar way.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,020 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: On the Beach Grrr Airport Chania resort Agia Pelagia?

I agree that your first call should be a complaint to onthebeach. It's clear they use people with no knowledge of what they are selling.

Failing that, there is a good bus service along the north coast which would obviously be a lot cheaper. You would need to get a bus from Chania airport to Chania bus station, then get a Heraklion bus via Rethymnon. Agia Pelagia is about 2km below the main road where the bus runs, about 2/3 the way from Rethymnon to Heraklion. Bus timetables follow:

bus-service-crete-ktel.com/timetabledet.php…

bus-service-crete-ktel.com/timetabledet.php… (3rd timetable down)

You wll pay full fare for your 12 year-old.

Clearly all this depends on what time your flight arrives/departs, but if necessary you could book a night at a hotel in Chania and still be quids in.

Edited: 17 August 2012, 10:05
Chesterfield...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: On the Beach Grrr Airport Chania resort Agia Pelagia?

have been in contact with On the Beach, used their premium line number after 4 mins the guy that I spoke to said he would phone me back. After a long telephone call with a very helpful person I was able to cancel my hotel and book another at a reduced rate book transfers and get a 5* hotel for an extra £150 bargain and am now a happy customer and a fan of On the Beach

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,020 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: On the Beach Grrr Airport Chania resort Agia Pelagia?

Result!!

6. Re: On the Beach Grrr Airport Chania resort Agia Pelagia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Agia Pelagia
Recent Conversations