We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Theros Wave Bar for welcome party?

New York City
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Theros Wave Bar for welcome party?

Anyone have an info on Thero's wave bar. I'm thinking of having my wedding welcome party at this location for all my guests. I was thinking drinks and apps. Any info, pics, details etc is appreciated

Bella Aurora & Thalassa
Boat Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Skaros Rock
Geologic Formations
Sand Lily Boutique
Gift & Speciality Shops
Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,523 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Theros Wave Bar for welcome party?

It's a little out of the way but still a good venue for a party as long as your guests can find it!

Santorini, Greece
Level Contributor
350 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Theros Wave Bar for welcome party?

ha, ha " as long as your guest can find it"

Yeahp it's a little far away from the rest of the island but it is a nice place for a party, and especial for a day party. All your guest have to drive there, and then they have to drive out of there, which means no drink as the taxi's are not going there because it's a dirt road. Nice sea there too.

here is their website http://www.theroswavebar.gr/

i recommend you the meeting at day time so people will have time to drive there have fun and then stay at the beach relax from the drinks and then drive safe back to their hotels.

New York City
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Theros Wave Bar for welcome party?

thats an awesome idea, maybe I'll just leave this for a daytime beach day. Any suggestions for an outdoor atmosphere like Theros Wave Bar for a welcome party?

Wirral
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Theros Wave Bar for welcome party?

I've been looking at Theros Wave Bar too, it looks lovely. It does seem out of the way of resorts/accomodation but I was wondering whether it'd be possible to organise a mini bus/taxis if they were pre-booked?

Edited: 03 July 2011, 21:20
Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,523 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Theros Wave Bar for welcome party?

No reason why not.

Firostefani, Greece
Level Contributor
352 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Theros Wave Bar for welcome party?

It will be very difficult. Taxis, if they will agree to go to Theros, will charge extra. Minibuses and buses will not go because of the dirt road.. I dealt with this last year for a little group to to there, the minibus decided that they wouldnt go because of the road and the taxis charged them extra.. find out about transport first, then book it..

Having said all that, if you can manage the transport, it is a very nice place for a party :-)

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
394 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Theros Wave Bar for welcome party?

I was just there last week, and it's indeed a gorgeous spot! I agree with the other posts that it would be difficult to get to, and you definitely wouldn't want to do it after drinking in the evening. It would be the perfect place to spend a half or whole day with friends though. (keep in mind that prices are quite high) Don't know how many people you are including - it's not a huge bar, but it is quite beautiful and unique - you'll love it! I may have a few photos. Have fun!

Santorini, Greece
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Theros Wave Bar for welcome party?

Hi, my name is Aris David and I am the manager of Theros wave bar in Santorini. Feel free to contact me for furher information about you wedding.

My email address is aris@tango.gr.

Thank you very much

Cleveland
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Theros Wave Bar for welcome party?

I am having my wedding reception there next year and you can rent a bus, each transfer is 150 euros and that way no one needs to worry about driving. Also, go to Theros' facebook page. They have lots of pictures.

London
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Theros Wave Bar for welcome party?

Hi Christina, where did you find the buses to rent? thanks