We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cruises from the UK to santorini

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
cruises from the UK to santorini

Is there any cruise ship that goes from the UK to Santorini? I haven t been able to see any,

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cruises from the UK to santorini

Hi there

I very much doubt it - most cruise ships that call by Santorini will leave from the Adriatic coast, maybe Italy, and usually Piraeus (Athens).

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,466 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cruises from the UK to santorini

Any cruise would start in Greece/Turkey/Italy/Spain.

However UK has direct flights to Santorini, Mykonos, Crete, Athens, thus you can make something up by flying to Santorini and back from say Mykonos. You can use Greek ferries in what amounts to an infinately flexible 'cruise', far better than the very limited conventional cruises.

Looking at your other posts the Santorini/Mykonos flights are ideal.

Or simply a UK package holiday, loads to Santorini with the main tour operators.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: cruises from the UK to santorini

Thanks for letting me know.

I will be in the UK next year, thought it would be nice to cruise across to Santorini or Mykonos instead of flying as will be coming over from Perth Australia and wanted to avoid another filight.

I have heard the ferrys are a bit of a problem with bagage with narrow stairs

Thanks again

Ange

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,268 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cruises from the UK to santorini

not to state the obvious .. but its a long way in the atlantic, around portugal and spain - before you even enter the mediterranean sea... and then along the full length of the med. you'd be looking at a very long cruise.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: cruises from the UK to santorini

Thanks any way it was just a thought

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cruises from the UK to santorini

You would be better off to fly to Greece, and take a cruise from there. Plenty of various cruises to choose from.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: cruises from the UK to santorini

Is there really direct flight to Santorini from the UK that would work out quite well and maybe miss out on the cruise.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,322 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cruises from the UK to santorini

There are direct flights to Santorini in the summer from a number of European destinatons.

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
6,000 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cruises from the UK to santorini

There are charter flights from the UK direct to Santorini, May to October, usually departing on a Tuesday from Manchester, Birmingham and Gatwick. operated by the likes of Thomas Cook and Thomson, the two main package operators. Easyjet also fly out of Gatwick several days a week.

Flight time is about 3.5 hours

Martin

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: cruises from the UK to santorini

Thank you