We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday Market in Panzano?

Monticello, Illinois
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday Market in Panzano?

Hello experts and fellow travelers,

Has anyone visited the Sunday morning market in Panzano? We will be in the area on Sunday May 4 and I am looking for something to do in the late morning...am hoping the market is nice enough to take up an hour or so for a visit.

Let me know if you've been there!

Thanks much

5 replies to this topic
Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
3,145 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday Market in Panzano?

We visited two years ago. It was not very big but some nice food stalls.

Castellina in...
Level Contributor
3,352 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday Market in Panzano?

It's a utilitarian market with useful household and hardware items, fruit and vegetables, shoes and clothes. Not as big as the Saturday morning market in Greve 10 minutes away. panzano.com/important-dates/important-dates-…

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
7,318 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday Market in Panzano?

We were there just this Sunday and I thought it seemed slightly larger than I remembered it for there was a clothes stall as well as the fruit and veg. It's very useful if you are staying in the area or passing through on a Sunday and need some last minute food items but otherwise I wouldn't say it's worth a detour unless you were already planning on visiting Panzano. (And as usual with a market, it makes it more difficult to park.) Early May may not be too bad but it can be horribly crowded in high summer as the area is so popular with villa lets. I remember once queuing to buy some veg and the stallholder had a ticket number system, which completely defeated the object as his mate yelled out the numbers in Italian but few people queuing understood what he was saying!

Toronto
Level Contributor
7 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday Market in Panzano?

The Sunday market in Panzano is a must do and the "chicken man" is not to be missed though we have come to believe his porchetta is even better than the fabulous chicken (cooked four ways).

Monticello, Illinois
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday Market in Panzano?

All, thanks for your helpful posts!

Reply to: Sunday Market in Panzano?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Panzano in Chianti
More Panzano in Chianti Topics