We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best places to eat

Which Puerto Rico hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
best places to eat

What are the best value and nicest places to eat in PR

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,535 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best places to eat

BEST VALUE AND NICE .....Is the "SAN MIGUEL " in the bottom shopping centre called "THE COMMERCIAL CENTRE" to find it keep Macdonalds to your back and as you go up its on the left about two thirds of the way up .also at the back right hand side up two floors is an eat as much as you like chinese which suited my taste rather than the one on the floor below all about the same price ,but you do pay more for drinks than most other places even water so bills do tend to cost about the same but you can if you want go home like next years turkey .

Near the beach (right as you look out to sea ) along the road is OSCARS very nice but can be expensive also THE ROSE just on the left side of the port on PURTO NOVA some great stuff on the menu and different eg steak in a cream and jack daniels sauce MMMMM..down side everything veg the lot is cooked fresh to each order so prepare to wait and it is quite expensive .

TO me i am always happy to go to and recommend SAN MIGUEL as i first mentioned ,the staff are good and can be very funny ,the food is very good as you will see if you go there are at certain times people queueing out of the door but dont let this put you off they soon get you in and you are not rushed out to get the next tables in ...god i wish i was there ..have a great time

durham
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: best places to eat

hi margi dont know where abouts you are staying in PR but if you are at the top near the europa centre try the barcoa they do nice meals in there plus the entertainment is quite good. if you are down the bottom try churchhills they do every thing from proper home made fish and chips to what ever you want and the drinks are cheap 1-49e for a pint

surrey
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best places to eat

Hi, the nicest meal we have ever had in Puerto Rico was in the Chinese restaurant - upstairs in the Europa Centre. :0)

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,535 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best places to eat

just seen your other posting about your hotel just at the bottom of the hill up/down from your hotel is a row of shops above which is a nice steak house ,its name escapes me but their logo has the picture of a bull on it in yellow and red also on that stretch theres a really good indian if your not hot enough from all the sun ....god i wish i was there lucky you

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
733 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best places to eat

should have thanked onelegnofeet earlier,san miguels ,one starter 2 fantastic main courses ,2 glasses of house wine 21.70 euro,the price sticks in my mind because i was expecting to pay a lot more,great choice,as for the chinese buffet, tried one last year and swore never again but we decided to take a chance on the one across the way from the nags head bar as it was busy,it was great, 20 euro for two by the time you pay for water and a tip,i think this is the same one onelegnofeet is refering to,you cant go wrong with either of these.

surrey
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best places to eat

The Chinese restaurant I was referring to is upstairs in the centre and not downstairs buffet. :0)

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,535 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best places to eat

CUMNOR glad you enjoyed SAN MIGUELS and taking time to say thank you for pointing you in there direction "ONELEG "

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
733 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best places to eat

your welcome ,i have spread the word back home also,keep up the good work on the forum ,cheers cumnor.

9. Re: best places to eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2010, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico
Recent Conversations