We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year in Puerto Rico

Which Puerto Rico hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham
13 posts
Save Topic
New Year in Puerto Rico

We are 4 adults staying at the Amadores Timanfaya Apartments over the New Year period which I believe are located at the top of the hill close to the Europa Centre.

This is our first time in Gran Canaria and historically we have always stayed in hotels over New Year which provide a Gala Dinner on New Years Eve. With this in mind we are keen to seek recommendations for Restaurants in this area for New Years Eve as I believe the popular venues get booked up rather quickly. Ideally we are looking for good food ( of course ) and some form of entertainment.

In addition if anyone can recommend any lively bars in this area over the period 28th Dec to 4th Jan I would greatly appreciate your advice.

Regards

Steve

North Wales
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
6,504 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year in Puerto Rico

Hi Steve.

We will be in Puerto Rico for 3weeks, from 18th December until 8th January. We have been going for the last 10years or so at this time.

You will have to book restaurants for New Years Eve and they usually have a special menu. The only restaurant with entertainment in the Europa Centre is the Barbacoa, where they have about 3 different acts every night. The best restaurant in the centre, in my opinion is El Brasero. You will definately have to book a table there for NY eve and there will be entertainment and karaoke in the bars from about 10pm.

The Europa, being at the top of the hill is a great viewpoint for all the firework displays at midnight.

May see you around.

Aalesund, Norway
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year in Puerto Rico

Hi Steve

Like "less" I will recommend El Brasero. Downtown there are many recommendable restaurants, but if you want to see the fireworks from the hill it is better dine in Europa Shopping Centre. If you dine downtown you have to take an early taxi and stand in a taxi queue for 1 hour or so. I have been going to Puerto Rico for 12 years and the first year we missed the fantastic view of the fireworks because of the queue.

Nearby Europa you will also find Restaurant Picasso. Very recommendable some years ago. May be some other TA members have been there lately?

I'm in Puerto de Mogan NY eve.

Enjoy your stay!

Aalesund, Norway
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year in Puerto Rico

Information about El Brasero here:

puertorico-tonight.com/puerto-rico/…

Here, there and...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
4,183 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year in Puerto Rico

Another vote for El Brassero here.

GLASGOW
Level Contributor
26 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Year in Puerto Rico

Yes,

Thoroughly recommend this restaurant. Rashid and his staff do a tremendous job looking after you. Great menu and any type of drink that suits you.

In addition Barbacoa next door makes it a great evening out.

Enjoy !!!

Nottingham
Level Contributor
936 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Year in Puerto Rico

Hi All been going to PR for the last 18 years over Xmas and new year and normally go to Oscars or El Greco which are very good but getting somewhat pricey.I have heard extremely good remarks about Minanas undert the EL Castillo Hotel,can anybody comment please because we will soon be going AGAIN

Birmingham
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: New Year in Puerto Rico

Hi,

Would anyone have contact details for El Brasero ( e-mail and or phone number ) as I am interested in booking for New Years Eve in advance but cannot contact them at present.

Regards

Steve

North Wales
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
6,504 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Year in Puerto Rico

Phone number: 928 153 608 From the UK you will need the international code first +346

Birmingham
13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: New Year in Puerto Rico

Hi,

Thanks for info, I have previously tried this number but it just seems to connect to a fax machine at the other end. I have even tried sending a fax enquiry but no reply.

Any other ideas ?

Does anyone have an e-mail address for El Brasero as this seems to be the preferred method of communication these days.

Regards

Steve

South Shields...
Level Contributor
126 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Year in Puerto Rico

elbrasero@puertorico-tonight.com is the email address you will find if you click on the earlier link in this thread

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico