We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Construction near Terrazar Mar Sun suites in Feb?

Which Puerto Rico hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Construction near Terrazar Mar Sun suites in Feb?

I have just had an E mail from my travel agent telling me a Car park is under construction 200m from the hotel, we are flying out on the 14th can anyone shed any light on this situation? There are cranes, lorries and work starts at 8am and ends at 6pm. How bad is the construction and is it worth changing hotels?!

Omagh, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Construction near Terrazar Mar Sun suites in Feb?

Hi

When we were there in Oct 2010 this site was completely closed down with no work at all going on. If it has started again it rather depends on which of the three suites you stay in. The closest to this work is the first level Terrazamar Suites and it is pretty close and would have to be noisy. The Sunsuites are across the road and quite a bit further away and the Sunsuites Royal are high up and far away from this. I can't really say how bad it might be as it was completely abandoned when we were there. Hope it all works out whatever you decide, we loved the place and are going back in September.

North Wales
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
6,509 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Construction near Terrazar Mar Sun suites in Feb?

When we were in Puerto Rico over Christmas and New Year (came home 21st Jan), this carpark site (which they started building a few years ago) seemed to be at a standstill. From what I believe there seems to be some problem with the construction. There were also plans to build a church opposite, as the work does not seem to have started there.

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
948 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Construction near Terrazar Mar Sun suites in Feb?

Work has started on the car park and yes, there are lorries, a crane and building of walls on the upper level. As has been said before, if you are at the lower level of terrazamar, then you may get some noise but its not bang on your terrace/balcony.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
175 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Construction near Terrazar Mar Sun suites in Feb?

i stayed in the terrazemar a week ago and the construction on the car park was taking place but to be honest i didnt hear much noise at all, it certainly didnt wake us up and we were staying in the lower level terrazmar suites.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
412 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Construction near Terrazar Mar Sun suites in Feb?

I've had a letter today from my travel agents (Thomas Cook) advising us of this building work and they have said that it may impact on our holiday.

Is there any update on this? We have booked the sunsuites and really don't want to change apartments! I don't mind the site of construction and traffic but don't want lots and lots of noise/disruption!!

Anyone out there now or recently? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
412 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Construction near Terrazar Mar Sun suites in Feb?

Anyone?!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
175 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Construction near Terrazar Mar Sun suites in Feb?

hi, as per a previous thread i stayed in terrazemar suite which is nearer to the carpark construction the last week in january. we werent affected by the work going on and as the sunsuite is that bit further away from the works i would not have any worries

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
412 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Construction near Terrazar Mar Sun suites in Feb?

Thanks. It's just cos the letter says work has been going on but not affected the apartments but know they feel it may be and so have let us know so we can change accommodation if we want. I just didn't know if the situation had changed.

Glasgow, United...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Construction near Terrazar Mar Sun suites in Feb?

my husband and myself are just back from terrazamar sunsuites on 7th february but their is very little disturbance these apartments are very well eqipped clean and well situated. We were their fir two weeks and had a great holiday staff are also very pleasant and helpfull 15th february mr mrs scotland

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
412 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Construction near Terrazar Mar Sun suites in Feb?

Thanks that's great to know, we really don't wanna change! I can't wait to be on that big balcony!

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico