We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone know what the food is like in the Riu Vistamar?

London
Level Contributor
458 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone know what the food is like in the Riu Vistamar?

Got it booked for april, I've heard good things about the food (mostly), just wondering what he mains are like?

do they have steak and things like that?

If you've been to this hotel, just some general info on the food wuld be nice.

Thanks in advance for any help.

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria, Alykes, Alykanas
Level Contributor
6,754 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone know what the food is like in the Riu Vistamar?

Yep they have everything, fresh fish, meat joints, fresh veg, pastas, pizzas, salads etc, etc, lots of sweets,fresh fruits, a massive choice of high quality food to suit all tastes !!!!!

surrey
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone know what the food is like in the Riu Vistamar?

Couldn't fault the food at all at the Riu Vistamar. The only thing we didn't like was that the tables were too close together so you couldn't have a private conversation.

You have made a good choice Liam - I personally don't think you can go far wrong with a Riu :o)

London
Level Contributor
458 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone know what the food is like in the Riu Vistamar?

thanks, thats good to know.

How do you combat the beach/all inclusive problem?

Your hotel is all inclusive, so you want to be there but the beach in amadorres is so nice you want to be down there as well haha, i'll have to work something out to get the best of both worlds :)

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,754 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone know what the food is like in the Riu Vistamar?

I'm pretty sure they'll pack a lunch pack for you to go out for the day, but once they start cooking in all the restaurants at lunchtime down on the beach and all those lovely smells and aroma's start wafting your way, well I know what I'de do l.o.l. !!!!!!!

London
Level Contributor
458 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone know what the food is like in the Riu Vistamar?

hah, thats the problem.

Do you know if they have fresh Seafood in the Hotel? (Not so much fish, but crab, shrimp, etc)

surrey
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone know what the food is like in the Riu Vistamar?

The hotel runs an hourly bus service to the beach so you could always go back for lunch!!!!!! We were all inclusive but that didn't mean we ONLY ate and drank at the hotel. You will miss the ambience of the bars at the beach if you do that. Ciao Ciao was our favourite.

I seem to remember fresh prawns at the hotel but, to be honest, don't remember crab because I don't like it so wouldn't have looked for it.

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,754 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone know what the food is like in the Riu Vistamar?

Never saw crab or lobster, but plenty of prawns, salmon, sole, tuna, etc,etc.

Here, there and...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
4,528 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone know what the food is like in the Riu Vistamar?

Seems to vary from day to day. Ie in the main restaurant one day it was obv prawn cocktail day as they had those huge ones with heads and tails on them. People seemed to be going crazy for them.

Other days like Mondeo says there is different fish available. Its usually small fillets rather than a whole fish.

The food is buffet style though so expect lots of it but small portions i.e. small pieces of steak etc however you can have as much as you like.

London
Level Contributor
458 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone know what the food is like in the Riu Vistamar?

Ciao Ciao was also our favourite, will definately get down there at some point to have a nice dinner while the sun sets, very nice.

Amadorres is probably the beach I have most enjoyed Whilst on holiday, its only small, but very, very relaxing, its the main reason we are going back to be honest.

Thanks for all the asnwers, you have made the hotel food sound very good.

Do they do real cocktails (made up on the spot) in the bar at night?

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone know what the food is like in the Riu Vistamar?

Hi, we stayed here a couple of years ago and it was good, the only thing we did not like was the way you had to pick a time slot to eat each evening and you had this time for the duration of your stay, you also had to keep the same table throughout which meant if you were next to the family from hell you had them for your whole holiday !

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico
Recent Conversations