We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran canaria puerto RICO

Which Puerto Rico hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Gran canaria puerto RICO

Me and my boyfriend will be heading to gran canaria Puerto RICO endnof July wondering how much we should bring each for a 7 night hoilday ? Also does anyone know how much it cost from the airport to puerto RICO as we didn't book a transfer and my partner wants to take a taxi i just want to know how much we are looking at ! Help please! Thanks !!p

Here, there and...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
4,183 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran canaria puerto RICO

if you have a look at our Top Questions Box just to the right of your post you will see a thread on Taxis. This should give you some idea on costs.

In terms of spending money, can you let us know what you plan to do as that will give a better idea. I could assume you want to eat out morning, noon and night plus drinks out every night whereas you could be thinking more along the lines of cooking in your apartments and having your beers on the balcony ;-)

Newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
710 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran canaria puerto RICO

We stayed last september and we asked the taxi driver how much it would be back to the airport and he quoted us 60 euros which was from PR to las palmas airport so I would imagine it being about the same maybe a bit more, with regards to spending money it all depoends what your wanting to do ie: clubbing, eating out all meals etc, but roughly I would budget £100 for both each day, some days you might go over that some days you wont. we were a family of four and we spent £1500 for 2 weeks that was eating out twice a day,taxis and drinking most nights but we are not big drinkers so like I say all depends on what you like doing. Enjoy your holiday, we are going back may 2012 and cant bloody wait lol

London
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran canaria puerto RICO

Thank you sounds like you had a great time, leaving the little one home lol want some us time. So i guess 500 euros each is too little so averaging 700 euros each 1400 euros in total. We don't plan on going out clubbing my partner does not drink me on the other hand maybe a glass of wine with my meal. Don't want to be stressing about money we have 2 months to plan. As long as I come back tanned or relaxed I will be happy and me and my partner can relax and enjoy a nice holiday I will be happy. I am so excited !!!!!

Newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
710 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gran canaria puerto RICO

Hi

I would say 1000 euros is more then enough for both of yous for 7 nights especially since your partner does not drink, like I say we only spent £1500 that was for 2 adults and 2 grown up kids, eating out twice a day and drinks and that even included a day out at Maspalomas waterpark which that alone cost over 120 euros just for that day out, we stayed 2 weeks aswell so i'm sure 1000 euros will cover everything for yous :-)

London
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Gran canaria puerto RICO

North Wales
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
6,504 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gran canaria puerto RICO

Instead of a taxi from the airport, look at www.travelrepublic.com for transfers. You may have a bit of a detour to other drop offs, but you will see some more of the island. Last year we paid just over £7 for both of us!

Edited: 02 June 2011, 01:34
7. Re: Gran canaria puerto RICO

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2012, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico