We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars and restaurants around PR

Which Puerto Rico hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
paisley
Level Contributor
364 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Bars and restaurants around PR

Are all the bars and restaurants around the Europa centre and surrounding street or is there bars along the beach front. Weve never been before and when we're on holiday we like to sit along the seafront with a drink and nice food.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
2,574 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars and restaurants around PR

The Europa Centre is situated at the very top of the hill a good half hour walk from any seafront, the other large commercial centre is on the flat but still a five - ten minute walk to the beach at Puerto Rico, both centres have a selection of places to eat as well as various bars, cannot comment on any in particular as we do not visit either. For seafront eating behind Puerto Rico beach there is a row of restaurants La Cantina, Caballito del Mar, Aquaviva and Charlizies bar. At the end of this road there is the Passarella Centre which has a few bars and restaurants a good Greek an Italian a Chinese and a couple of others be careful to avoid the camera/electrical shops on ground level, there are also a few bars with views of the harbour or.Amadores beach which is a twenty minute walk round the coastal path has a few bars and restaurants open in the evening a taxi back to Puerto Rico is about 4 euros. Aqua la Perra which is found up a small hill beside the Morasol/Marina Suites also has a small centre with Durty Nellies bar, Hot Spot and a couple of nice places to eat it isn't on the seafront but is a usually a bit quieter than the main centres.Puerto Nova apts have a couple ofnice bars/restaurants on their ground floor.Ther are also a few others dotted about in odd areas like La Taberna and Minnanas

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,536 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars and restaurants around PR

Hi S74,you dont say where your staying which would help others to suggest places .

Firstly if your up the top ....your nearest area is The Europa Centre ,up there for a nice meal try "Flicks" the food is very good though it is basic in looks .For nightly entertainment there is the "Barbacoa" different acts each night and you can dine there to ,prices are just above the norm but there is no entrance fee .

If you are staying up the top and you dont mind walking ,then for Amadores Beach head downhill past the Europa and Barbacoa and the Crazy golf and turn right just before you reach Puerto Azul hotel ,its downhill all the way (please dont try to walk back up though a taxi back is around 3/4 euros so really not worth the time and effort but its a lovely walk down ) once at the bottom opposite Gloria Palace (Carefully) cross the road to the seafront walkway on it turn right with the sea on your left 15 mins and your on Amadores beach this area has some nice restaurants to sit and watch the sun go down .If you turn left along the seafront walkway its 10 mins to the port area of PR .

If you go to the bottom shopping centre the "Commercial centre " this is the larger of the two areas serving PR .There are many bars t choose from which depends on the sort of thing you like from kareoke ,to Fun Pubs ,to Irish bars .

Restaurants in the Commercial centre ....the one that many including myself rate is San Miguels ,be aware sometimes a queue does form but your soon seated by excellent staff serving excellent food and your never rushed out .

Also theres a couple of eat as much as you want Chinese though i personally prefer the one on the left (coming from Macdonalds end) top floor above "The Slow Boat " for me you get better options .

Puerto Nova ,marina area left of the beach as you look out to sea ,just before you turn the corner for the marina theres a lovely restaurant "The Rose" ,be aware though the food is all cooked to order so it takes a while but really is worth the wait .

Right of the beach as you look out to sea is "Oscars Restaurant " more expensive than most but excellent though if its a weekend you may need to book .

Really Really good advice given in post 1 ....about the Passarella area of shops which is just after Oscars on the port "AVOID THESE ASIAN SHOPS " that sell electrical goods ,these are hard sell ,insulting nasty staff and owners selling useless stuff ,they will try to shake your hand before ripping you off ....SO AVOID THESE PLACES .....that said some nice restaurants above this centre

Hope these help and others give you their favourites too.

Have a fantastic holiday

Irvine, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars and restaurants around PR

As has been mentioned above, there are several very good restaurants down near the beach. I always find it difficult to pick out my personal favourites or to recommend to people when I don't know what kind of food they enjoy, but basically you will find something to suit most tastes in the area. I had the best Sangria I've ever tasted in La Cantina on my last visit in June though it has to be said. Mmmmm can't wait to go back in a fortnight!

Also to be recommended is to go round to Amadores beach as all of the restaurants are literally on the beach there.

And I'll also echo the warning about some of the shops in the Passarella Centre.

4. Re: Bars and restaurants around PR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 09:21
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico