We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarket / Shopping Centre in Puerto rico, Spain Oct 2011

Eastbourne, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Supermarket / Shopping Centre in Puerto rico, Spain Oct 2011

Hi me and my partner are off to Puerto Rico in Gran canaria tomorrow and just wondering if anyone could tell me some names and where some supermarkets and shopping centres are.

Many thanks.

Newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
716 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Supermarket / Shopping Centre in Puerto rico, Spain Oct 2011

Hi

You can go to 2 commercial centres, the big one is at the bottom of Puerto Rico and the smaller one is at the top called the Europa centre, both are nice places but the bottom has more bars/shops etc.

Supermarkets are at both centres and also dotted around Puerto Rico , they are called Hiperdino and the prices are pretty reasonable.

One restaurant I can recommend and a few others also do is San Miguels down the bottom centre, with macdonalds to your back head up the first flight of stairs and its a few shops up, very cheap and lovely food

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,058 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Supermarket / Shopping Centre in Puerto rico, Spain Oct 2011

The larger of the 2 supermakets mentioned by Shazandanth Hiperdinos is down in the Commercial Centre ,you could also check out prices at the supermarket the locals use .If you head up the road ,right of the Commercial centre with Macdonalds at your back you will find it right at the back on first floor level .its the one place i have found where you can pick your own fruit and veg ,others you pre-packed often too much or two little in one pack .

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria, Alykes, Alykanas
Level Contributor
6,661 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Supermarket / Shopping Centre in Puerto rico, Spain Oct 2011

There are actually 2 Hiperdinos in the main commercial centre the other being opposite MacDonalds on the front entrance left hand side which is also pretty large. Another large branch can be found at the Las Olas commercial around in Aqua La Perra. You'll find other smaller branches dotted around the resort too.

paisley
Level Contributor
364 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Supermarket / Shopping Centre in Puerto rico, Spain Oct 2011

Sorry to hijack your thread ch1515 but is there any 24 hours supermarkets as we will be arriving at our apartments on Tuesday at 1.30am ish and we're hoping we can go and buy water and some food?

Newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
716 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Supermarket / Shopping Centre in Puerto rico, Spain Oct 2011

I don't think there is a 24 hr one scottish74, but someone will no doubt correct me if i'm wrong,I would recommend taking some sarnies/food with you then trying to get water out of a machine if your hotel/apartment has one

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
948 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Supermarket / Shopping Centre in Puerto rico, Spain Oct 2011

No there arent any 24 hours supermarkets. Sorry

You might be able to get something from McDonalds i suppose. I think they have the takeaway section open all night. Or if you are in Puerto Rico, la parada, little cafe on the roadside near the bus station might be open too

Edited: 28 October 2011, 11:39
cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,058 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Supermarket / Shopping Centre in Puerto rico, Spain Oct 2011

oooH !!! La Prada what an excellent little place for coffee and snacks.You always know when a place is good ,its used by locals and local taxi drivers

Edited: 28 October 2011, 13:31
CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria, Alykes, Alykanas
Level Contributor
6,661 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Supermarket / Shopping Centre in Puerto rico, Spain Oct 2011

Unfortunately "La Parada" was forced to close for a few hours during the early hours a few years ago. You may be lucky and catch them before they close around 2a.m. then they re-open around 6a.m. They do just the best "cafe con leche leche" in the resort, when over I often get up early and nip down for a cup or two !!!!!

Irvine, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Supermarket / Shopping Centre in Puerto rico, Spain Oct 2011

Scottish74, I usually fly out late at night to GC and I take some sandwiches with me and I buy an extra bottle of water at Departures in Glasgow Airport so that I know I have enough water to see me through till I get to the supermarket in the morning. This year my apartment had a bottle of water in the fridge which was a nice touch, but I know of other apartments that put a welcome pack in the apartment and charge for it if you use it, so be wary of that.

10. Re: Supermarket / Shopping Centre in Puerto rico, Spain Oct 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 22:16
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico
Recent Conversations