We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

puerto mogan

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
puerto mogan

Can anyone tell me when the markets are on in mogan as we are staying in puerto rico next monday 5th Dec and also the rough cost of a taxi fare there.

surrey
Level Contributor
2,610 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: puerto mogan

Hi Stuart,

There is a small market in Puerto Mogan on Mondays but the main one is on Fridays.

If i am right in thinking you are staying up at the Riu Vistamar I would estimate the taxi fare to be about ten euros - maybe two or three euros less if you are down the bottom.

I know you have had a lot of anxieties about this holiday so i really do hope everything goes well for you and that you have a wonderful holiday :o)

Mentioned in this post
Mogan
Mogan
Gran Canaria, Spain
Hotel Riu Vistamar
Hotel Riu Vistamar
2,851 Reviews
Gran Canaria, Spain
cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,157 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: puerto mogan

There is also one at Arguineguin on a tuesday ,next resort up from Puerto rico .Wednesday and Saturday a short bus ride to Faro2 and a 10/15 min walk upto San Ferdino .

Local buses are a cheaper option ,and the ferries round to Puerto Mogan and also Arguineguin are a nice way to get to those resorts .

Re-itterating on from what Fussy57 has said ,have a fantastic holiday .

Mentioned in this post
Arguineguin
Arguineguin
Gran Canaria, Spain
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Gran Canaria, Spain
Mogan
Mogan
Gran Canaria, Spain
surrey
Level Contributor
2,610 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: puerto mogan

Back to the naughty step for you oneleg!!!!!!!!!!!! Bus may not be the cheaper option if you are a family and have to get more than one bus ;o))) BTW Can you get a bus into Puerto Mogan without having to come down the hill? Only asking, because I may be wanting to do this myself next year.

Edited: 28 November 2011, 20:21
Mentioned in this post
Mogan
Mogan
Gran Canaria, Spain
cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,157 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: puerto mogan

Not that i am aware of the bus just does the bottom area and Amadores .You could take your skateboard with you !!!LOL

I reckon the bus may still be cheaper ...so i refuse to go to the naughty step ,till others tell me how much the bus fares are .i always use the ferry

surrey
Level Contributor
2,610 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: puerto mogan

We like the ferry too but I am thinking maybe Stuart wants the easiest option to get to Puerto Mogan market.

Don't forget the bus fares have to be x the number of people in Stuart's family and the number of buses he needs to take!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Mogan
Mogan
Gran Canaria, Spain
Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
3,388 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: puerto mogan

If you are staying at the top of the hill in Puerto Rico you can get the urban bus down to Amadores or to the bottom of the hill you get off at the stop just around fom the taxi rank at the bottom of the hill, or opposite the rank at Amadores 90 cents each flat fare and then get the bus from Amadores usually very busy on Friday or walk down to the harbur/marina and get the ferry.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Gran Canaria, Spain
cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,157 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: puerto mogan

Still not sitting on that "Step!" lol awaiting others to confirm bus price and how many in stuarts party .

plus from a bus you see more as your higher up !!!(nah! nah! lol)

Stuart which ever way you travel (pick mine !!! pick mine !!!lol ) have a fantastic time ,also take a bit of bread for the fishes at mogans marina they will love it ,and so will your family

surrey
Level Contributor
2,610 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: puerto mogan

Ooh now you'll be sitting on that naughty step double time - I have been berated on this forum for suggesting feeding bread to the fish in Mogan!!!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Mogan
Mogan
Gran Canaria, Spain
uk
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: puerto mogan

We took the Ferry to Mogan and the bus back.

There was alot of people who booked a return on the 'green line' ferry from peurto rico to Mogan market on Friday (dolphin zone ferry) who were sea sick and ended up getting a taxi or bus back.

I think the bus was alot cheaper than a taxi, even for 2 adults & 2 kids travelling.

Mentioned in this post
Mogan
Mogan
Gran Canaria, Spain
Mogan, Spain
Level Contributor
977 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: puerto mogan

The Bus from Puerto Rico to mogan is 1.15 euros each way,.Was 3 weeks ago.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Gran Canaria, Spain
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico