We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Azul Aparthotel

Which Puerto Rico hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
36 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Puerto Azul Aparthotel

Hi Guys,

Me and my boyfriend are thinking of booking the Puerto Azul for a week in September. I have been reading the reviews and they are mostly mixed but a number of them mention COCKROACHES in the rooms! I can not stand them and really could not have them in the room! The Pool area and views is what is making us lean towards this hotel but I really dont think I could put up with cock roaches in the room!! Also I read a few reviews that mention the pool area is very dirty wih broken and dangerous tiles in the pool?

I am wondering if anyone has stayed here lately and had any experience of this? Or any other expereinces that may help in our decision to book here!!

Thanks,

S :)

Denbigh, Wales...
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto Azul Aparthotel

my daughter and boyfrend went there in june for a week ,they only saw one cockroach that was tside the hotel and the pool area was okey.

Kelowna, BC
Level Contributor
173 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puerto Azul Aparthotel

I have no experience of Puerto Azul, but I can tell you that in the climate in Puerto Rico, cockroaches are almost a fact of life. I was looking through a rack of sarongs once, and there was a great big one on one of the sarongs. I don't think you can avoid them all the time in this climate.

middlesbrough
Level Contributor
240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Puerto Azul Aparthotel

can anyone tell me what the drinks what drinks are available on the all inc at the puerto azul and also the times the all inc starts and stops

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puerto Azul Aparthotel

hi,me and my girlfreind went in july,i only saw a couple of cockroaches,but they werent in the room.the pool area was clean but there were a few areas that could have been re-tiled.the food really let this place down in my opinion.we went out for several meals and for some fun entertainment and drinks.

Level Contributor
36 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Puerto Azul Aparthotel

thanks for your replies... I think we are going to book it as the pool area looks lovely and the adult only sun loungers and most of all it seems really good value for the week!! Most of the reviews are good apart from the food aspect but we are booking self catering so we can eat out and I suppose as mentioned above, cockroaches and ants cant be avoided in that climate.......but still hope we dont see any!!! :)

Thanks again,

S :)

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Puerto Azul Aparthotel

I have booked this for early October... when i priced self catering and all inclusive it seemed better to go all inclusive n eat out at nights then all drinks, breakfast and dinner is in a few reviews stated its atleast a 10 min walk to shops and restaurants.

10 of us going and we have opted for all inclusive but will eat out 4 out of 7 nights and day trips.

we booked through low cost holidays cheaper than other online agencies plus there voucher codes on websites to discount holiday or hotel.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,617 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Puerto Azul Aparthotel

Well Puerto Azul leaves Sol Tenerife in the shadows imo.How many cockroaches did you see around Sol Tenerife or the area surrounding it .More chance i would expect of seeing them around Veronicas /Starcos areas in the small hours !! stayed here in the past many times and only once did we see more than the odd couple .But it was quite bad when they where building Gloria Palace i think the building disturbed a nest !!.I always found the management very quick to act on anyone reporting sightings and gardeners where out spraying as soon as poss......

The Pool area is imo ,one of the best in Puerto Rico ,we have had some fantastic holidays there ,just now for me its a bit to isolating ,i prefer to be some where on the flat .If they moved this hotel i would be heading back !!

middlesbrough
Level Contributor
240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Puerto Azul Aparthotel

please can anyone tell me if you can wear shorts in the resturant on an evening we were there 7years ago and the gentlemen used to have to wear long trousers for the evening meal

Dublin
Level Contributor
988 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Puerto Azul Aparthotel

and rightfully so......

standards!

Level Contributor
36 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Puerto Azul Aparthotel

Hi Onelegnofeet. The pool area does look gorgeous and that is what attracted it to us but now the hotel tell me they are carrying out works on the pool for the first few weeks in September, so hopefully the works are done before we get there!!

I must say we had no experience of cockroaches in tenerife at all thankfully and hopefully wont in puerto rico either!!

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico