We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Azul Aparthotel

Level Contributor
38 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Puerto Azul Aparthotel

Hi Guys,

Me and my boyfriend are thinking of booking the Puerto Azul for a week in September. I have been reading the reviews and they are mostly mixed but a number of them mention COCKROACHES in the rooms! I can not stand them and really could not have them in the room! The Pool area and views is what is making us lean towards this hotel but I really dont think I could put up with cock roaches in the room!! Also I read a few reviews that mention the pool area is very dirty wih broken and dangerous tiles in the pool?

I am wondering if anyone has stayed here lately and had any experience of this? Or any other expereinces that may help in our decision to book here!!

Thanks,

S :)

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,013 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Puerto Azul Aparthotel

Hopefully its all done for you .We always found the best spot for all day round sun was .....as you face reception and the steps leading down from it with the pool bar on your left ......

The sun rises up over the top of reception and goes down behind the 1500/1600 blocks which face reception .And if its not been moved theres a shower on the corner .

Hope your not considering bike hire BonaBike ??? Lovely going down i imagine but cripes the hill coming back up !!!.The road runs down to the flat of the Commercial Centre /Port/town beach if you head right out of the car park .If you turn left out of the car park and first left head down behind Puerto Azul and its tennis courts this leads you down to the sea front walkway at the bottom ( But check the bike brakes are working !!!) There is the main road between Puerto Mogan and Puerto Rico to cross ( really need to watch the traffic there !!) if you head right when facing the sea this leads you round to Amadores beach ,left leads you into the Port area of Puerto Rico .Lovely walk/ bike ride down i would imagine but really neither route back up would i recommend walking ,cycling back up !!

Have a fantastic holiday

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Puerto Azul Aparthotel

Hello

Do we know if the repairs to pool has been completed?

We go 8th October for a week?

Thanks!

Level Contributor
38 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Puerto Azul Aparthotel

Thanks for all the info Onelegno feet, i think we will give the bikes a miss this time around!! :)

Natalie - I had emailed the hotel 2 days ago but have not had a reply. I presume they are done as some other reveiws mention works being carried out on the pool area and the reveiws are dated around 15-17 septemmber so I am hopeful they are completed! :)

S

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Puerto Azul Aparthotel

Bernie when do you go?

Yepp hopefully i heard october a busy month so hopefully will be done by then :)

Level Contributor
38 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Puerto Azul Aparthotel

Don't be fooled by the username "bernieonabike" it's an ongoing joke with me and my sister, call me Sharon. :)

We go on Saturday 29th for a week. Really looking forward to it now, just checking the weather forecast and all looks good!!! :) Have you been to puerto azul aparthotel before? Reviews are making me wary?

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Puerto Azul Aparthotel

Oooh! haha okay Sharon,

No never been to gran caneria before however we are going for my dads 50th big group of us and my dad works with a guy who went in August and said everything was great it is a walk to a shop and night life but he said hotel, food and drink was all great no complaints... last few reviews are not the best hopefully they will improve... cant please everyone thou eh :)

2 days!! hope you have a fantastic holiday :)

Level Contributor
38 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Puerto Azul Aparthotel

I seen the recent reveiws too but as you say...you cant please everyone! I really dont mind once its clean and we can use the pool cause dont plan on being in the room much!!

Friends of mine have been to puerto rico a few times and love it too. Well Happy Birthday to your dad.... hope ye enjoy your holidays too!!

BRING ON THE SUNSHINE :)

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Puerto Azul Aparthotel

Hi Sharon

Did you have a great time?

We head out today just wondering if the bad reviews are true :)?

Level Contributor
38 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Puerto Azul Aparthotel

Hi Natalie,

We had an AMAZING time. We stayed in room 1707. Only had to use one lift to get to it. Gorgeous views of the beach and sea views. We didnt see any cockroaches all week anywhere which is what i was worried about! We found it to be very clean and rooms were cleaned and towels left 5 out of 7 days.

We loved the pool area and and had no problem finding a sun bed although we did come down early everyday but there was plenty of sun beds and loads in the adult only area. Most of the jacuzzis dont work but we werent bothered. The views are amzing and there is an english lady that comes into give massages in the adult only area €20 for a half hour massage. We didnt avail of this but I hear she is great and seemed really friendly.

I cannot comment on the food as we were on self catering and did not eat here at all but anytime I passed by the buffett, the food looked nice and plentiful. If you are on All inclusive, you can help your self to the drinks machine in the pool bar so no waiting around which I thought was a good idea.

All of the staff we came across were friendly. We didnt stay in the hotel for entertainment so I cant comment on this either but it always looked busy.

We got taxis everywhere as could not take the long walks down to the main shopping/restaraunt area and we did climb up the 700 steps one day and it was torture as I am so unfit. Taxis are only about €3.00 so well worth it rather than be hot and sweaty after the walk!

Overall we really enjoyed it and if we return to puerto rico I would stay here again.

I am back to work today and dreaming of lying around the pool again! :(

Hope you and your group have an amazing time in Puerto Rico and that you find the hotel as nice as we did!!

ENJOY :)

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Puerto Azul Aparthotel

Hi Sharon

Thank you for getting back to me... we had no problems too Room was very basic but we had a great time was a little too hot at times but all inclusive food/drinks, hotel and facilities and area was ok.

Not to sure if id return to puerto rico due to nightlife in the centre we prefered europa but may try maspolmas or play de inglis in future :)

Glad you had a lovely holiday! :)

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico
Recent Conversations