We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

smoke free area at Amadores?

Denmark
Level Contributor
182 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
smoke free area at Amadores?

We're staying at Marina Bayview in December but prefer Amadores beach for day at the beach. I am very much looking forward to staying at smoke free area this time but can anyone please tell me if the rules are enforced?

Which area is the smoke free one?

Thanks in advance!

Anna

Here, there and...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
4,300 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: smoke free area at Amadores?

There is one central bit that is smoking. The rest is meant to be non smoking with signs and little bins for people to put their cigs in.

BUT despite there now being more beach staff who do ask people to stop if spotted, we still saw people lighting up in the non smoking area.

I think it's an education thing as its still quite new. You can still smoke in the restaurants tho so you will find people sat at the restaurant edge next to the beach smoking.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
3,443 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: smoke free area at Amadores?

There is a section of the beach near the middle that says smoke free zone, not sure if it is enforced but there is an inspector going round checking that people only use the sun loungers they have paid for. I did not notice many people smoking on the beach at all.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
2,056 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: smoke free area at Amadores?

The smoking ban didn’t last long in the bars around PR, most places flouting the law by having ashtrays on tables. Being a reformed smoker of 20 years I find it difficult to take other people sharing their cigarettes with me. Oh well it was good while it lasted, just have to put up with my clothes smelling like an ashtray when we get home.

Edited: 10 November 2012, 07:53
4. Re: smoke free area at Amadores?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico