We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good place for kids

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Good place for kids

Please could someone adive me where to take 3 kids under 11 frist time aboard with them an want some where cheap but good

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,726 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good place for kids

Hi ,i always think things to consider about staying PR are these .Whilst those apartments / hotels on the flat area ,around Puerto Nova area of Puerto Rico they carry a bigger price than those further up Puerto Ricos hillsides .If you do stay up in one of the cheaper options uphill you have to consider Taxi costs .This is due to the fact many places you could with a degree of difficulty walk down but imo most certainly not back up to . 3 children 2 adults if this is the case would also mean 2 taxis .Beach ,port ,marian ,main shopping areas ,most restaurants and bars are on the flat area,so it could be a nightly and daily cost which though cheap soon mounts up .......sometimes even cheap doesnt work out when considering figures and their total !

Just over and only slightly up a walkable hill or lots of steps ,near to the main Commercial Shopping Centre are these .I have stayed in them ,but some years back so do read more recent reviews .Puerto Feliz, Casablanco hotel,Cala Dor ,Cala Nova .

As said those on the flat to have a look at ...Marina Suites ,Peurto Nova Apts and Marasol......

3/4 of the way uphill Puerto Azul

right at the top ...Eden Apts

Hope others come along and give their views and recommendations

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good place for kids

must agree...the cost vs the actual cost must be considered.......

the riu is popular as its ai and the real cost is more clear....

the morasol is a good allround choice....no steps!

achill
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good place for kids

Niza apartments are on the flat and have two bedrooms,read reviews and see pics.

surrey
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good place for kids

Don't think cheap and good come into the same sentence!

When our children were small we always went self catering as opposed to a hotel. Nowadays though there is the all inclusive option and that would be my choice with three children. Riu Vistamar would probably be too expensive BUT is good!! With three under elevens you probably aren't looking to venture far so one of the cheaper all inclusives up the hill might suit you better.

Edited: 11 December 2012, 16:58
North Wales
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
7,094 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good place for kids

I agree with Fussy, look at Eden, Colina Mar or Altamar or Nido del Aguila. All very close to the Europa Centre and a childrens play park and mini golf.

6. Re: Good place for kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 23:16
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico
Recent Conversations