We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paella for one....?

Leeds, England...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Paella for one....?

I am not a fish paella fan but one of the reasons my partner agreed to come to Spain late minute was the chance to have authentic paella. Everywhere we have tried in Puerto Rico has only offered if for 2 people, so we have 48 hours left perhaps tripadvisor can help wean out a place we can order her paella without spending €30 and wasting half?

We are staying in playa del cura also able to go to puerto de mogan

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
2,844 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paella for one....?

If you don't mind lunchtime Zenubia on Amadores beach often do a very large paella and serve it in individual portions, you could get the phone number from reception or have a look at reviews on here for it and see if they are doing it this weekend. They are at the end of the beach nearest the mini golf/Amadores beach club about 6 or 7 units along also I know Donosti and Grill Costa Mar in Puerto Rico both did a chicken paella without seafood as an option earlier this year

Glasgow
Level Contributor
695 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paella for one....?

Maria Salina's at the marina in Puerto Rico will do paella for one.

Incidentally, why do places only make it for two?

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,895 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paella for one....?

I suggest requesting in advance! Even if you request in the morning, for an evening meal. In Mogan they suggested this to me in May. I can't remember the name of the restaurant!!!

It is right in the corner of the seafront promenade, behind the playpark next to the canal.

It is a very slow cooked dish. I suppose they cook it in large quantities and will hold back a portion for one person...?

Dundee
Level Contributor
1,370 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paella for one....?

I would reckon that Grill Costa Mar would be able to provide you with this especially if you visited on a Friday which is probably their busiest day.Really nice restaurant and great food.

Leeds, England...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paella for one....?

Grill Costa Mar is where we went the first night and it was min 2 persons @ 16€ each IIRC

Leeds, England...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paella for one....?

Close this thread, Minanas just wiped the floor with every other restaurant and offered paella for one. Ignore the crap in the 'shopping centre'!

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
4,714 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paella for one....?

Search the Costa del So Forum for definitions of what is an authentic paella, it came up reccently and we have some excellent Spanish contributors.. It isn't really a Gran Canaria dish but you might find a Valencian or Andalusian cook who does an authentic one. Otherwise recognise you are a tourist and Puerto Rico is a tourist development and stick to Fish and Chips..

Bristol
Level Contributor
140 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paella for one....?

Coco's near the Spar in the CC. Menu of the day 7.5 Euro with the option of a paella main course.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,726 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paella for one....?

Could Manza please direct me to these "Fish and Chip shops in PR ,Please .....I can only ever find places that serve things like Sea Bream ,and Sea Bass ,all fish dishes seem grilled and not battered other than Calimari,do they serve mushy peas too? .Thanks in advance

Edited: 09 September 2013, 14:11
Leeds
Level Contributor
682 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paella for one....?

There is one at the rear of the main CC top floor opposite the Horseshoe bar and the Copacabana. I saw it from Kim and Steve's The Pub the bar at the very rear end. I never used it so cannot guarantee it was open though.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico
Recent Conversations