We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

clothes iron

Which Puerto Rico hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
clothes iron

Hi , just wondering if anyone knows if there's a clothes iron and hair dryer available

in hotel rooms of the Gloria Palace Amadores ? .

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
3,373 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: clothes iron

definitelty a hairdryer in a large bathroom bathroom . Not sure about iron but maybe available from housekeeping. I usually take my own iron

Leeds
Level Contributor
676 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: clothes iron

Life is too short on holiday to iron, everyone is living out of a case, what's a few creases between friends Lol?

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,617 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: clothes iron

I don't do wrinkles ...well not in my clothes !!! Usually if they are not in the rooms or laundry ,hotels will hire them out ,or know a company that does ........but ...I find the Own Brand irons from Tesco Argos ,Asda are under a £5 which makes them cheaper than those blinking useless travel irons !! And they weigh only a little bit more And to hire one is more in any case .It wont be new and the plate could be burnt or dented which wont do your clothes much good ..

TIP ......if you hang clothes in the bathroom ,put the shower on as hot as possible and shut the door ,after 5 mins lots of creases drop out.

Edited: 17 September 2013, 16:30
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: clothes iron

What a waste of water, buy a cheap iron. We bought a travel steam iron from Aldi many years ago for £6 fantastic buy, handle folds down flat and goes in hand luggage no problem.

I agree travel irons are normally rubbish but this one is really good. Sometimes it can cost a lot more to hire one from hotel.

5. Re: clothes iron

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 September 2013, 08:35
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: clothes iron

thank s everybody for the info and helpful tips . looking forward to getting there now .

first time in Puerto Rico .

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,617 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: clothes iron

Re post removed mine ! ...... without going into detail ,of course its not a waste of water as you /others would be taking a shower at the time

surrey
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: clothes iron

Eh? oneleg are you sure it was your post removed??? In post 3 you mention using the shower to get the wrinkles out!!! It was post 5 that has been removed ;o))

Edited: 19 September 2013, 13:55
cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,617 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: clothes iron

Yes it was certainly mine ,,,,,,,,I answered the Comment " What a waste of water " pointing out someone would be showering and a tad of banter !!! So amended it to suit in post 7

10. Re: clothes iron

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 September 2013, 20:05
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico