We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sol y Paz, babalu or Castillo please help

London, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sol y Paz, babalu or Castillo please help

Hi can anyone help me looking to go to Puerto Rico the end of jan and I am such a sun worshiper I read somewhere that the end of January the two hotels Castillo and babalu is in a lot of shade does any one no if this is true ? thinking of booking sol y paz can anyone offer advise on these hotels. This is an anniversary and I want it to be special but have only a small amount of money to spend on this holiday .

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Gran Canaria, Spain
Marina Suites
Marina Suites
#1 of 67 hotels in Puerto Rico
Gloria Palace Royal Hotel & Spa
Gloria Palace Royal Hotel & Spa
#2 of 67 hotels in Puerto Rico
Marina Bayview
Marina Bayview
#3 of 67 hotels in Puerto Rico
CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria, Alykes, Alykanas
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sol y Paz, babalu or Castillo please help

Forget Castillo del Sol for morning sunshine in January, Babalu is the nicest of the 3 but again you'll have to wait until later in the morning for sunshine so Sol Y Paz I would choose!

Mentioned in this post
Babalu Apartments
Babalu Apartments
579 Reviews
Gran Canaria, Spain
Sol Y Paz Apartments
Sol Y Paz Apartments
460 Reviews
Gran Canaria, Spain
London, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sol y Paz, babalu or Castillo please help

That's what I was afraid of I liked the look of babalu the best but I no my husband only to well if he is sleeping in I will want to be out in the sun guess its sol y Paz thanks for your help one more question they have included transfers charging about £20 normally we use a2b or other transfers as quicker than the package deals can you recommend one or is it easy enough to get the bus herd it only takes 30 min ?

Thank you so much for your help

London, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sol y Paz, babalu or Castillo please help

Just seen the other message about the bus very useful

Thanks again

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria, Alykes, Alykanas
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sol y Paz, babalu or Castillo please help

Yep bus number 91 from up on the departures level at the airport to Central P. Rico then a 4 euro taxi ride up to Sol y Paz which if you don't know is opposite the Europa centre:-

http://www.globalsu.net/lineas/linea91.pdf

Mentioned in this post
Sol Y Paz Apartments
Sol Y Paz Apartments
460 Reviews
Gran Canaria, Spain
North Wales
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
7,486 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sol y Paz, babalu or Castillo please help

I also would choose Sol Y Paz, small and friendly and right opposite the Europa Center. Taxi rank right outside. We booked transfers with travelrepublic for our trip last week. We paid £11 each return, cheaper than bus and then taxi up the hill.

Mentioned in this post
Sol Y Paz Apartments
Sol Y Paz Apartments
460 Reviews
Gran Canaria, Spain
6. Re: Sol y Paz, babalu or Castillo please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico