We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Difference in the weather between difference resorts

england
Level Contributor
693 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Difference in the weather between difference resorts

Hi as a sun worshipper I had chosen Puerto Rico for a cheap week of Sun. Now I've had a lot of relative feed back about PR even a lot of people that like the place say say away from the centre. I could stop at Maspalomas instead and it does look nicer. A lot of the other place suggested are coming to dear as I just won't a cheap week. So my Question is how much does the weather alter between the two resorts . I really really really need so sun.

Thanks in advance

Stroud, United...
Level Contributor
112 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Difference in the weather between difference resorts

The coast from Puerto de Mogan to Playa Del Ingles has very good reliable weather, barely any difference on a yearly basis though on a day to day basis it is obviously possible to have a little cloud in one part and not another. As a sun worshipper you'll not be disappointed wherever you stay, though do beware, the atmosphere is very clear, hence European optical telescopes sited on the islands, so the sun can be more damaging than you imagine - buy fresh sun protector. PR and PDI are loved by some but regarded as brash by others, Maspalomas is quieter as is Puerto de Mogan. If you just want a quiet week on the beach look at Mogan but if price is so important PR can be very cheap and is fine but you will want to avoid the 'full English' cafes and the Brits that go there - but it really is possible to do that, it won't be awful, particularly if you go out of school holidays.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Difference in the weather between difference resorts

cheap week....cheap experience............

the weather can be quite different, I have heard of rain in maspalomas whilst the sun shone in puerto rico. Puerto base is the warmest spot on the island, usually 5 degreest warmer than the las palmas forcast

england
Level Contributor
693 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Difference in the weather between difference resorts

My mum has skin cancer so I know I shouldn't stop out of the sun but the sun give me an unbelievable lift. My husband has said my personality changes when the sun comes out. I do slap on the cream and sit in the shade but just seeing the sun is an amazing feeling one he can't understand.. As long as somewheres clean and friendly and I've got some sun I'll be happy so it sounds like Puerto Rico is the place for me. My husband does like eating out so looks like we will avoid the centre and head for the beach area. Myself I'm just as happy sat on my balcony with a bottle of wine till it goes dark then up with the birds in the morning when the sun comes up. BLISS.

Thanks for the advise

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
2,773 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Difference in the weather between difference resorts

For a cheap and cheerful week in the sun Puerto Rico is a good choice you are also a reasonable walk from Amadores which we really enjoy a man made horseshoe bay of imported sand lined along the back of the beach with mini market/beach shops, bars and places to eat it might be worth looking at places to stay in the Amadores area its only 20-30min slowish walk along the coastal walkway from Puerto Rico If you let people know where you are thinking of staying they can let you know about the sun someplaces get more in the morning others more later in the day February weather wise can be a bit of a mixed bag March tends to be more predictable but you may get a cloudy day even though it is usually still warm

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Difference in the weather between difference resorts

Vajairo would u give me some aadvice on my post please

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
2,056 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Difference in the weather between difference resorts

From Post 1

PR can be very cheap and is fine but you will want to avoid the 'full English' cafes and the Brits that go there - but it really is possible to do that, it won't be awful, particularly if you go out of school holidays.

LOL

Don't know many from this forum that doesn't like a full English. So dose that make us all riff raff then,

Edited: 23 January 2014, 16:50
England
Level Contributor
4,583 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Difference in the weather between difference resorts

Ceasally... You probably suffer from SAD, which I'm sure you know means seasonaly affected disorder. Did you know you can buy lamps that you can sit in front of in the winter. I don't know how effective they are though. I've only been to GC once and just passed through PR on the way the ferry for Puerto Mogan (don't miss this trip, we realy enjoyed it) PR looked OK to me and I'm sure you'll find bars and restaurants to your taste. Also it's only a bus ride away from other nice places.

Have fun and let us know how you get on.

england
Level Contributor
693 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Difference in the weather between difference resorts

Amadores looks nice . I've seen a couple of nice hotels but they are big half board hotels out of my price range does anyone know of any apartments near there. It's hard to tell where the apartments are because all the addresses say Puerto Rico. Basic fine as long as it's clean.

Edited: 23 January 2014, 20:29
Ireland
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Difference in the weather between difference resorts

Amadores is nice between P/Rico and Mogan. For reasonable prices in that sort of area, I would suggest some apartments up near the Europa Centre maybe (not the Commercial Centre down in the centre of PR), that way you have easy facilities, a few shops bars etc within easy walking distance and maybe some evening entertainment if you want it. Have a look at Blue Star, Eden, Babalu. All reasonable I think.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
48 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Difference in the weather between difference resorts

Hi you should try the gran amadores apartments they are only basic but clean with nice big lounge area.you can always get a stunned by the pool.they are reasonable to

Edited: 10 March 2014, 16:37
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico