We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

has any one been to puerto rico around 2nd week in feb??

Sunderland, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
has any one been to puerto rico around 2nd week in feb??

I am reading posts and weather reports for feb and I understand it can be a mixed bag. I am now thinking. ..... do I pack summer clothes or do I need much warmer clothes? Any help would be great. Never been before. Only ever been to Africa in feb where it was hot so not got a clue anymore x

North Wales
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
7,180 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: has any one been to puerto rico around 2nd week in feb??

February can be mixed weather wise, but should be warm enough during the day for the beach and shorts and t.shirt. The evenings may be cool.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: has any one been to puerto rico around 2nd week in feb??

Been twice mid February weather been really good, Amadores beach was really busy both times, shorts and t.shirt for me in the evening. Carried a zip up hoodie but actually never really used it. Without wanting to sound ageist you tended to see older people walking around with trousers and jackets.

If you take welsh lady's advise you won't go far wrong I think. She's there more than she is at home. Was on my coach in November and been back again since. So she's most probably been every month of the year. Lucky lady.

Kilmaurs, United...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: has any one been to puerto rico around 2nd week in feb??

Ye it's warm during day wee bit cooler at night but a light cardi is enuf. We can't get booked up for an appt for the 2nd week in February can get flights but everywhere seems to b booked solid, so I take it will b busy lol

North Wales
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
7,180 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: has any one been to puerto rico around 2nd week in feb??

Haha userbr625, yes we were very lucky with the weather for that week in November. Been back for 3 weeks over New Year too. Wont visit during the hot Summer months, go to Bulgaria from Beginning of July until September....gets too hot for me in PR., so probably wont be back now until late in the year.xx (But never say never...may manage a week before July!!!)

Edited: 28 January 2014, 16:12
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: has any one been to puerto rico around 2nd week in feb??

We like it hot Welshlady, so we return again in august. Must admit the weather was great in November, first time for us in that month. Will certainly go again around that time. Fantastic price and sets you up for Xmas.

We've been going on and off since 1987 when only the Altamar and Riosol were up the top and never had any bad weather. Lucky or what.

Roll on aug.

6. Re: has any one been to puerto rico around 2nd week in feb??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico
Recent Conversations