We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First visit to Puerto Rico - what we thought

Level Contributor
183 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
First visit to Puerto Rico - what we thought

Just back from our first visit to PR. I asked a few questions on here before we went and got some helpful replies. I couldn’t really imagine the resort until we’d experienced it and we definitely want to go back again. Anyway I thought I post a kind of trip report that might help other first timers.

Stayed at the Terrazamar Sunsuites and paid 12 euros/day to upgrade to the Royal which I thought was worth it although the suites and sun suites also looked very nice. Taxis at night from the commercial centre were 3 euros to sun suite reception and 3.50 to the Royal (cheaper in the daytime).

Europa Centre

I couldn’t get my head round where the Europa centre actually was because on a map it looks like it’s just a short walk across town but after half an hour walking up an extremely steep hill we realised why people had been saying to get a taxi up there.

Booked a couple of day trips with Low Cost Tours who had a leaflet in our reception. Reception booked online for us and both the Island tour and Highlights tour were good value for money (29 euros each) with an optional 11 euro/3 course lunch. The rum tasting on the highlights tour was particularly good with the group being given 15 minutes free for all to taste as much as we wanted in the tasting room and as well as rums there were all kinds of liquors. Went by bus to Puerto de Mogan 1.50 euros each and returned by water taxi about 6 euros each. The most beautiful resort we’ve been to in the Canaries.

We both usually get bitten (I react badly and my OH doesn’t) but we had no bites at all and didn’t use plugs or repellent spray.

Places we went to: Tommy Tuckers; Molly Malones (best live music); Dicey Reilleys; Barbacoa; Motorcycle bar; The Bar; The Sun Spot

To avoid touts in the commercial centre we found that if you enter on the upper floor and walk round the outer edge it’s not so bad as running the gauntlet through the middle of the lower floor.

We look forward to returning.

Kilmaurs, United...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First visit to Puerto Rico - what we thought

That's good u enjoyed it, I hate it wen people bad mouth it and tell people they shud avoid it coz everybody is different. I love it there x

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
180 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First visit to Puerto Rico - what we thought

totally agree cmac

Newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
716 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First visit to Puerto Rico - what we thought

Glad you enjoyed it and have to agree aswell ppeople should not bad mouth it, we love the place and its our 1st choice holiday eveytime lol

4. Re: First visit to Puerto Rico - what we thought

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico