We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amadores.

Which Puerto Rico hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
167 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Amadores.

I'm traveling to Terraza Amadores in August with 2 boys aged 6&12. Just wondering what the prices are for eating out in Amadores/Puerto Rico. Also if anyone could recommend any Bars/Restaurants suitable for us.

Widnes, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amadores.

Hi,

I've just come back from Amadores on Friday (18/7/14) and stayed in Gran Amadores Apartments (next door to Terraza Amadores)

There is a Spar right next to your hotel and the beach is a 2 minute walk to the beach (bottom of the hill) There you will find LOTS of bars and restaurants and shops and each owner or waiter will try their best to get you to buy from them or eat in their establishment. Each one are in competition with each other and I learned quickly that I didn't have to pay more than €2 for a pint as I just told them that was the price in the place next door and all the other bars/restaurants. In most of the restaurants on amadores beach, they all offered a free starter each, free drink each at the end of the meal and 10% off the whole bill. The most we paid for 3 adults to eat out with a pint each was €30 for all of us. Best ones I went to where Los Amigos and Blue Beach Restaurant. Big portions, excellent food and brilliant prices.

However if you take the 10min walk into Puerto Rico (ask anyone which direction from the beach, they will show u the hill and u walk in the same direction and end up there in 10mins easily) you will find LOTS more places to eat at half the price of Amadores Beach. Burger, chips and drink is 6.95 (bear in mind, a coke in gran Canaria cost between €2.50 and €3.85!!!)

Golden rule is ALWAYS haggle with owners and staff as they will ALWAYS give you special offers and discounts if ur cheeky enough to ask and act like ull go elsewhere if they don't! Trust me!

Level Contributor
167 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amadores.

Thanks for your Reply it's very helpful. We will probably alternate where we eat Amadores/Puerto Rico. Can't wait to go now. Heard lovely things about Amadores has this is our 1st Time to Gran Canaria.

Widnes, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amadores.

I had never been til last week. Went with my partner and mum and had an amazing time. Its a beautiful place. The inflatables are all still there at the beach and u can rent a peddle boat for 4 ppl with a slide on for 12 Euros for the hour. Lots to see and do

dublin
Level Contributor
67 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amadores.

Try the Monaco steakhouse on amadores beach, great food superb setting!

Level Contributor
167 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amadores.

I was reading about Monaco steakhouse on T/A last night. It sounds lovely so we will definitely try it.✈️🍺

6. Re: Amadores.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico