We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montebello info

Which Puerto Rico hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
82 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Montebello info

Hi everyone. We've booked to go to the Montebello for two weeks on 27th July. I read a few reviews and it sounds a nice place. Does anyone know what's within walking distance of the area and any hints and tips when we're there? We have two kids aged 9 and 7. We've never been to this island before.

Dublin
Level Contributor
985 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Montebello info

the montebello brings back nice memories.......a lot of steps, 147 to the cc if i recall, lots of taxi trips were taken......

Scotland
Level Contributor
855 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Montebello info

I have walked from peurto azul to Europa down to amadores cple beers then along to Puerto Rico another cple of beers n up the hill again a few times in my first week enjoyable a little painful look like a burst couch when I arrive back head like a big beef tomato n dripping in sweat but I feel fitter for it !!

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
82 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Montebello info

Heck you guys have me worried. I'm thinking maybe the hill stoo big for young kids? Is it much of a walk to the beach?

Scotland
Level Contributor
855 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Montebello info

Think you should be ok walking down .... I am sure i have passed it walking down to Puerto Rico. Tho a taxi back up will only be about 3 euro

Staffs
Level Contributor
77 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Montebello info

Hi, don't be too worried, you are quite close to the Europa centre. Puerto Rico is not like a lot of holiday places where you find bars in the streets, they're in like a shopping centre. Lots of bars there, all of them good for families. Barbacoa has a great play area outside with adventure activities. It's very safe! There's a crazy golf too. And if you do fancy the Commercial Centre at the bottom taxis are really cheap! Can't wait to get there myself in July!

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Montebello info

Don't panic you are about half way between the two centres uphill to the Europa and downhill to the Commercial Centre and beach, you can avoid steps on the way down coming out of the bottom entrance of Montebello, head downhiil passing the car park and turn left follow the pavement down and cross the road just before the bus station (behind the angry birds adventure area) and you are at Macdonalds which is opposite the entrance to the Commercial Centre took us oldies 50+ less than 10 minutes earlier this year, the children are probably much more able than the adults for the going up and down the hills For the beach head on past the bus station (all on the flat) cross at two roundabouts (all have crossings) left past the clinic then right through park area and the beach is in front of you probaby another 5 minutes. It all sounds a bit complicated but it is much easier when you see it and you should be able to visulise the routes from your terrace/balcony as think they all overlook the centre to some degree

Scotland
Level Contributor
855 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Montebello info

Above post is spot on !!

8. Re: Montebello info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico