We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Centro Commercials V Europa

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
627 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Centro Commercials V Europa

Looking on the map there is 2 main areas in PR, the Centro Commercial and Europa, can anyone let me know which is best to stay closest too, we are in our 30's not looking for all niteclubs, just good restaurants and good bars with music etc.

Thanks in advance.

J

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Centro Commercials V Europa

avoid both....stay at the marina suites or morasol....

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
627 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Centro Commercials V Europa

Unfortunetly neither are in our budget, I have viewed both especially Marina but we just want something cheap and cheerful as to be honest the apartment is only a base as we spend so much time out of the apartments in the sun, walking round etc.

I am considering Montebello.

Thanks

Armagh, United...
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Centro Commercials V Europa

personally i think close to europa is best have a look at eden, altamar or colina mar

Castlebar, Ireland
Level Contributor
116 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Centro Commercials V Europa

well try rocamar apartments maybe in puerto rico see what they have available .i got my apartment for end of july at decent price .so worth a go anyway. see what dey have

Scotland
Level Contributor
886 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Centro Commercials V Europa

few bars in main commercial centre have beer 1 euro a pint and breezers or smirnoff ice for 2.5 euro europa is more expensive... tho guess u have to way up your budget n whether all inc v self catering. we went all inc but also had a few meals n drinks out n about.

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,138 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Centro Commercials V Europa

You won't go far wrong with either. Go for your cheaper accommodation. For those of us who can't afford the posher places around the marina area...they're never horrendous if you're not expecting the Ritz. I've stayed at the Miriam apartments. (I only look for clean bedding and good showers). Cheap and very clean, near the beach and the shops. High up but manageable. Plenty to occupy yourselves in either location. Around the main CC on the lower level, you probably have more choice. You can stay around the shops/pubs/restaurants, (nothing overly special imo) but you can also take a stroll to the beach and stay around that area for eateries and a few drinks.

If you stay "up top" around the Europa centre, expect to pay €4/5 each way, to go down to the main centre. Some people do walk it, but I don't have masochistic tendencies! :-D Besides, the tiled pavements are lethal!!!

I have stayed at the Europa area on a couple of occasions. (Colina Mar and Las Buganvillas) and found enough places to eat/drink there. A walk of about 25mins down the road to Amadores beach was nice and taxi back up €3.

Hope you find something that suits.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Centro Commercials V Europa

Thanks for all the replies.

@Canarytime, you described exactly what I want, once the place is clean bed and shower im happy enough. Had looked at the miriam apartments but wasnt sure will look on the map again. I read your review and we dont usually sit by pool, get up go for brekkie and walk round the town / beach most of day im hoping we can still enjoy this considering Puerto Rico is so hilly and most apartments are a far enough walk. I like the fact you said balcony gets sun til 8.30 as after the day like a few drinks on balcony before heading for dinner.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Centro Commercials V Europa

Thanks for all the replies.

@Canarytime, you described exactly what I want, once the place is clean bed and shower im happy enough. Had looked at the miriam apartments but wasnt sure will look on the map again. I read your review and we dont usually sit by pool, get up go for brekkie and walk round the town / beach most of day im hoping we can still enjoy this considering Puerto Rico is so hilly and most apartments are a far enough walk. I like the fact you said balcony gets sun til 8.30 as after the day like a few drinks on balcony before heading for dinner.

Burstwick, Hull
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Centro Commercials V Europa

Not sure if Terrazza Mar are in your budget as it is some time since we stayed there , they are super apartments with huge balconies, keeping the sun until late in the day and have their own sunbeds and umbrella`s on he balcony.

surrey
Level Contributor
493 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Centro Commercials V Europa

There both only 5 mins apart from each other and about 3.50 euros by taxi so stay anywhere and your be fine, europa is on top of a mountain so you would need a taxi down every day, stay at the revoli great hotel in middle of both x

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico
Recent Conversations