We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unsure about Puerto Rico... Help Please

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
575 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Unsure about Puerto Rico... Help Please

So was just about to book Puerto Rico yesterday, staying in the Montebello apartments for my boyfriend and I under recommendations from few of his mates in work who have been 3+ times, UNTIL I read that PR is not like your usual holiday destinations it doesnt have pubs/cafes/little shops in the street they are all in the shopping centres....

Can someone help me, usual on holidays we get up in the morning and stroll down the town, along the promenade / beach go for brekkie and in and out of the shops / cafes etc, think Puerto Del Carmen which I love as its just one long strip which you are able to walk along beach / prom and plenty of bars / cafes / shops etc

What is the beach like, is there bars/cafes/restaurants along the beach... If they are all on the shopping Centres, I dont want to be spending the days "inside" walking round / having a drink etc

I looked up street view couldnt see much happening along teh beach?

Any info much appreciated as the prices suited us and cant find much else within or budget?

Thanks

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unsure about Puerto Rico... Help Please

the montebello are a good choice and have great views.

there are a number of shops/bars/restaurants along the beach in the pasarella centre.

Alot of people walk on the cliff path to amadores beach which is full of bars and restaurants.

there is a lot more to puerto rico than the 2 cc's.....

relax, book, enjoy!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Unsure about Puerto Rico... Help Please

Thanks for that New Visitor, I was starting to worry a little as 2 weeks in PR didnt want to just have the 2 CC to visit everyday and didnt really want to have the hassle of looking again on where to holiday, PR is within our budget with a great price on the Montello for the 2 weeks.

Edited: 30 June 2014, 15:04
Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
575 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Unsure about Puerto Rico... Help Please

Thanks for that New Visitor, I was starting to worry a little as 2 weeks in PR didnt want to just have the 2 CC to visit everyday and didnt really want to have the hassle of looking again on where to holiday, PR is within our budget with a great price on the Montello for the 2 weeks.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Unsure about Puerto Rico... Help Please

Hi Jessica, the shopping centre is roofless, so the only time you will be inside is when you go into the shops. Most of the bars in the centre have outside seating too so you can relax & have a drink outside. If you head down around the beach, there is plenty of little bars & restaurants that arent that noticable on google street view, but trust me they are there! Dont worry, its a great place to holiday. Im after booking to go again in Sept. This will be my 4th time. Enjoy :-)

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,821 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Unsure about Puerto Rico... Help Please

Jessica9 and 18.

Are you two clones?!! Even your answers are the same! :-D

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Unsure about Puerto Rico... Help Please

Ha ha canarytime I am the same person, I lost access to my work email which is one account so created another with personal and now it logs me in as my personal account via facebook forget to check sometimes which I am lol

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,821 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Unsure about Puerto Rico... Help Please

Oh TG for that. I though you were a set of twins! Lol

Claremorris, Ireland
Level Contributor
11 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Unsure about Puerto Rico... Help Please

There are plenty of shops, restaurants along the beach. Plenty to do in PR besides the shopping centres, Beach activites abound, sailing trips, go -karting, waterpark 20 mins away by bus, or taxi. We've just spent a hectic week there availing of all the activiites and can't wait to go back.

surrey
Level Contributor
493 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Unsure about Puerto Rico... Help Please

I go to puerto del carmen every october but have just come back from puerto rico in june and it is nothing like lanzarote im afraid only half the amount of shops bars restaurants etc and nowhere near as pretty i wouldnt return but will be bAck in my favorite puerto del carmen in oct x

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
575 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Unsure about Puerto Rico... Help Please

Thanks msclaireuk we have decided against Puerto Rico as for 2 weeks I think we would have it covered in a few days. I suppose everyone is differenet we love PDC and others PR, hope to get to PDC in October / November maybe have to get my yearly fix lol

Thinking now of Playa De Las Americas in Tenerife if the price is right but PR is working out cheaper at mo so we will see....

Thanks

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico