We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone help with information about Portonovo Apartments?

Kent
Level Contributor
68 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Can anyone help with information about Portonovo Apartments?

We are looking for a 2015 holiday for me and my hubby, who will be travelling with brother and sister in law, their 11 year old twins and 9 year old. We wanted Protaras in Cyprus, but it's outside their budget with five to pay for. We have seen a fantastic deal for this hotel, it's just been refurbished so no worries there (we hope!) and the brochure photos look amazing with the marina views. We like to chill around the pool in the daytime, go on a few day trips, then head out close by for a meal and drinks.

What I don't know is:-

- what is this part of PR like?

- is it hilly?

- it's near a beach, does anyone know what beach?

- hotel has no air con and we even use aircon at home in uk. Can we manage without? (Hoping the sea breeze will mean we won't need it in July/August

- weather in July/august?

- Are the bars and restaurants decent in this part of PR?

Thanking you in advance for any help :)

Claremorris, Ireland
Level Contributor
11 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can anyone help with information about Portonovo Apartments?

Didn't stay in this hotel but saw it and also spoke to 3 people who were in it and delighted with it.

This part of Puerto Rico is very near to beach 5 mins walk. Lots of really nice places to eat. Menus on display outside with price lists. McCools good, Balcon Canaria , Miami, Planet all good in Shopping centre. Arizona in the 2nd harbour delightful. Where poronovo apartments are on the flat so you should have no problems. Day trips to Aqualand water park and all sortsof water sports off beach. Daily ferries to nearby Mogan[market day Friday]. You cannot be bored there.

Mentioned in this post
Aqualand
Aqualand
2,406 Reviews
Gran Canaria, Spain
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Gran Canaria, Spain
Mogan
Mogan
Gran Canaria, Spain
South Elmsall...
Level Contributor
154 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can anyone help with information about Portonovo Apartments?

Portonova is really nice my wife and I will be there 5th july,10min walk to main centre plenty of pubs and eateries that cater for families the beach is just round the corner enjoy wherever you book

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,435 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can anyone help with information about Portonovo Apartments?

Have a browse around google maps. Might help.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@27.785141,-15.7034975,15z?hl=en

Kent
Level Contributor
68 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can anyone help with information about Portonovo Apartments?

Thank you everyone. All replies gratefully received :)

Will speak to family and make a decision but your replies have swayed me to going :)

Kent
Level Contributor
68 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can anyone help with information about Portonovo Apartments?

Bon Voyage emy55. Have a lovely time :)

6. Re: Can anyone help with information about Portonovo Apartments?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico