We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Market in Puerto Rico

surrey
Level Contributor
2,479 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Market in Puerto Rico

Can somebody please tell me when the street market is held in Puerto Rico. I seem to remember it being every other Sunday? Thank you :o)

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
2,844 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Market in Puerto Rico

Think if my diary is correct there was one last Sunday 27th July so the next one should be on the 10th August, I had a note of the website, however as usual when you are looking for something you can never find it, if it turns up I will double check and let you know.

surrey
Level Contributor
2,479 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Market in Puerto Rico

Thank you ever so much Viajero. It's not urgent - my daughter is going to Amadores in September and is getting very excited. She has been looking for things to do and suggested the market in Puerto Mogan to which I replied "Nooooooooooooo." I know there is a much nicer market in Puerto Rico and she can save the boat trip to Puerto Mogan when it is less busy :o)

Glasgow
Level Contributor
695 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Market in Puerto Rico

I'm not a market fan, but enjoyed the tour to Sunday markets in Teror and San Mateo, as we don't hire a car when we're there.They're both lovely wee villages, and the basilica in Teror is amazing. There is Mass there every hour, on the hour, so you won't be able to wander round it for long. It's also good to watch the open air dancing in San Mateo, where the locals turn out in their Sunday best.

http://lowcostgrancanariatours.com

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
2,844 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Market in Puerto Rico

If she doesn't fancy the bus trip to Teror which is really nice, but she wants to do the market experience she could always get the ferry to Arguineguin, the same stalls as Puerto Mogan (maybe a few more veg stalls) but we find it more spaced out and not so claustraphobic and usually use it as an excuse for lunch at Fusion

surrey
Level Contributor
2,479 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Market in Puerto Rico

I think she was saying Mogan market because Puerto Mogan is where we have had a few holidays. They also want a ferry ride and I think she was trying to kill two birds with one stone. I KNOW she would hate it on the ferry on market day. They just want to chill out. I will keep that information for ourselves though when hopefully we return to GC next year. Thank you both very much for your help :0

Edited: 30 July 2014, 16:14
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
200 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Market in Puerto Rico

Hi were does the puerto rico market take place??

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
2,844 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Market in Puerto Rico

The market which is a farmers type market with fruit, veg, bread plants, local produce takes place every second Sunday and is held in the park area beside the mini golf across the path from the angry birds activity park (behind Macdonalds)

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
200 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Market in Puerto Rico

Thanks for the info.

9. Re: Market in Puerto Rico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico
Recent Conversations