We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rocamar apartments and puerto rico tips

Castlebar, Ireland
Level Contributor
116 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
rocamar apartments and puerto rico tips

ROCAMAR APARTMENTS JULY 29TH ---AUGUST 5TH

ON ARRIVAL INTO ROCAMAR APARTMENTS WE WERE GREETED BY JORGE AT RECEPTION HE GAVE US THE ROOM KEYS AND TV REMOTE AND SAFE KEY WHEN RETURNED YOU WILL GET THE DEPOSIT BACK THAT YOU PAY FOR THEM

we stayed in room 105 which is located on 1st floor up the first flight of stairs.the room has a flatscreen tv and a couch/bed and the kitchen area has a microwave a hob a fridge/small freezer

on request at reception you can ask for toaster and that is free of charge......

in the apartment it has a kitchen island worktop also with 3 high stools... there is a table near the bed sofa also for any bits and pieces and cupboard space to below the tv ,

the tv hasn't much on it one or 2 channels are English speaking you might see the simpsons on late at night that's about all i watched on it as i didn't go on hols to watch tv lol

the room itself is where the air con is hiding in it works when the balcony sliding door is fully closed, if you open door the air con will turn itself off .....no fan in kitchen area im afraid . the beds are comfy enough i found also

the balcony itself is huge and one thing i love about these type balconies is when your sitting out on the deck chairs is even if you were very high up its designed the way you wont be looking down at these scary heights .that is a bonus.

now the pool area the pool is a nice size its 1.5 in height with no deep end , and a small corner for the kids in the corner of it .

plenty of sunbeds no shortage and a pool table that costs a euro to play

the pool/bar/ is the only problem its opening hours are 9am till 3pm same applies for the small shop at reception think its 9 till 1 or 9 till 3 ......and after that your best hope for a bottle of water or an ice cream will be down in the commercial centre , in busy season they should really extend the opening hours they would get people buying stuff for sure even though the shop is dear enough in the reception.

PUERTO RICO TIPS

When going down into the commercial centre the front entrance has a lot of afrians on the steps harassing people into buying watches sun glasses e.t.c

best advice is when you are going into the shopping centre find another entrance into it to the right of the centre there is a taxi rank and you can sneak into the centre there and over the other side of the centre there is other ways to sneak in to avoid the Africans

never shop in spar if you can always look for hyperdino supermarket in the centre they are cheaper one hyperdino in the centre i found a 8 litre water for eur 1.24......advice buy eggs for your apartment they are cheap and along with bread its nice for the mornings boiled egg and bread is a money saver . the milk is fine out there also in the shops i found i got cornflakes and sugar milk didn't cost much either money saver for sure ......

eating out i cant really help you out on .booze cruise is 50euro each and it is on a tues and a Friday , good fun day out , food included on board and plenty of drink

a bus journey from aqualand waterpark will cost 2.75 ////aqualand cost 26euro each i think that was the cost ...

nights out in the commercial centre please visit snoopys and donalds great value also don't drink anywhere else ,. them 2 pubs are side by side and are the best with great friendly crowds ...

enjoy Puerto rico from 27th - 5th august weather was 27c -34c temps climbed every day we were there . one cloudy day Monday august 5th but clear blue sky in the afternoon

bring plenty of suncream and enjoy scorcho rico ,

hope this review helps

1. Re: rocamar apartments and puerto rico tips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico