We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Tenerife south airport

Merseyside
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from Tenerife south airport

Hi, I am travelling to Tenerife south airport soon with my partner and two friends and was wondering what is the best way to get to Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club (taxi, shuttle, bus etc) along with an idea about prices if possible. Will be arriving during normal daytime hours if this makes a difference...

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from Tenerife south airport

Hi

If I were you I would get a taxi from the airport. there are plenty just outside arrivals and I would believe the cost for the taxi including your luggage would be around 12/15 Euros each way. You would have no waiting around and I would think from the time you get into the taxi to the time you enter the hotel would be no more than 15 mins. The taxi stand have controllers so the line moves swiftly so there is no "mad scramble" to get one after you and yours havee endured a 4.5/5 hour flight :0)

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

Merseyside
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from Tenerife south airport

That's great. Thanks for the reply

poole,dorset
Level Contributor
3 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from Tenerife south airport

how did you get on re transport from airport...last year we got the public bus to mcdonalds and walked from there....travelling again with kids in april so this might be a bit of a long walk.....what would you recommend?

regards

vikki

Merseyside
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport from Tenerife south airport

Not travelled yet! Just like to plan ahead..! But from what I've been reading just planning on getting taxi.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport from Tenerife south airport

I would agree, after 4 plus hours on an aircraft with children getting to the hotel asap would be my number one thought :0)

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

poole,dorset
Level Contributor
3 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport from Tenerife south airport

when are you travelling...santa barbara is really lovely, great kids club and pools...not that many restaurants within walking distance but there is a good cheap steak house (looks out over the building site) but for the good stuff you want to walk/taxi to san blas...especially the tapas bar off the square...this will be our 5th time to SB we are there 1st week april...

poole,dorset
Level Contributor
3 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport from Tenerife south airport

fair point...just thinking of saving as much as poss for trip to Siam Park or Loro Parque!

Merseyside
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport from Tenerife south airport

Traveling early march. How easy/how far is it to get into San blas? Is the much nightlife there or fairly quiet? X

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,543 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transport from Tenerife south airport

San Blas is at the end of the runway so it will only take you 10 mins max in a taxi to get there.

Regarding nightlife. If you mean San Blas the new residential area with the Hotel Sandos then there is none only what is provided by the hotel itself.

If you mean San Blas Square in the Golf del Sur there are a few restaurants that also provide entertainment as well as some of the complexes golf-del-sur.com/whats-on-guide/…14

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Edited: 22 January 2012, 15:21
10. Re: Transport from Tenerife south airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about San Miguel de Abona
Recent Conversations