We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prepaid micro simm for Ipad. 2 weeks nect christamas

Finland
Level Contributor
8 posts
218 reviews
Save Topic
Prepaid micro simm for Ipad. 2 weeks nect christamas

Hello and greetings from Finland,

I'm travelling to San Miguel De Abona for 2 weeks end of the year. Hotel we stay have only wireless internet available in public areas at very expensive price. I studied Forum Tenerife and so on, but there is no one siple answer for this matter. Prepaid sim is needed for two week time period with fast connection unlimited data. Can anyone give me for sure answer?

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,693 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prepaid micro simm for Ipad. 2 weeks nect christamas

Hi Darbuka,

I am no expert in this but I have an apple I pad and tried to buy a pre paid SIM card in the Voda Phone shop in Los Cristianos.

I didn't have my I pad with me when I went into ask for one but they told me they would get one for me the next day,

When I went back they told me my type of i pad wasn't compatible and it wasn't possible.

Apparently there are 2 types one is and one isn't.

I think you would be better to check this out in your own country and find out what you need.

You may be able to get it on the Internet before you go.

Hope maybe someone with more expertise on the forum might be able to help you.

Finland
Level Contributor
8 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prepaid micro simm for Ipad. 2 weeks nect christamas

Thanks your effort. Last January I visited Amsterdam and I bought Sim card from one store and one week Prepaid from Vodafone store. Biggest problem to activate it. I bring my Ipad with me and after 30 minutes store salesperson made something and voila it works. In Malesia it take on day to made it active. This is real problem. It take too long time to happen.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prepaid micro simm for Ipad. 2 weeks nect christamas

Hi Darbuka,

You have plenty of free wifi in your area as all the pubs have free wifi all you have to do is buy a drink and you can use it,

Hope that helps

Dok

Finland
Level Contributor
8 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prepaid micro simm for Ipad. 2 weeks nect christamas

Well this is my kind of deal slurp ! But my wife she would like to acces Face etc. at hotel room as well.

And In the morning is better read mail in hotelroom. 7 am is a bit too early to go pub ?

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,693 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prepaid micro simm for Ipad. 2 weeks nect christamas

I understand that too . You can't really face time in a pub.

I found the Vodafone shop in Los Cristianos very unhelpful and they obviously didn't. Have great knowledge about SIM cards for I pads.

We're going next January but I'm going to try to get it sorted in Ireland before I go.

Finland
Level Contributor
8 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prepaid micro simm for Ipad. 2 weeks nect christamas

I will explore all possibilities.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prepaid micro simm for Ipad. 2 weeks nect christamas

i use a dongle from Vodafon only 40 euros of dongle and 1gb download which should last you i woulds think if not you can top it up 1GB 25 EUROS or 2GB 35 EUROS and i have to say very impressed but not sure how it work in the The golf del sur area. as i know so do not work good down here.

Dok

Edited: 06 May 2013, 12:56
8. Re: Prepaid micro simm for Ipad. 2 weeks nect christamas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about San Miguel de Abona
Recent Conversations