We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Llafranc toddler friendly hotel?

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Llafranc toddler friendly hotel?

Hello

I'm looking for a toddler friendly hotel/apartment style hotel in llafranc in or close to the flat area (ie not up a steep hill) that has a childrens pool for my almost 2 year old and 4 year old? Or any good hotel/apartment hotels that are in or near the flat area of llafranc please? My four yr old isn't much of a walker so we'll have two buggies to push loaded up with gear! Also, I am imagining the cliff top walk to calla de pala frugell is not buggy friendly?

Thanks any pointers are most appreciated!

Bristol
Level Contributor
404 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Llafranc toddler friendly hotel?

The only hotel in Llafranc with a pool is the Blau Mar as far as I know but this looks like an adult pool and is a bit away from the sea front. The hotels actually on the sea front are nice but because they are so close to the sea (within 5 mins walk) they do not need a pool. The Llevant Llafranch and Terramar would be ok.

Don't know about apartments

The walk to C de P is lovely about 20 mins but there are lots of steps. About 130 steps out of Llafranc for starters but it's an easy walk for adults and it's a good path with good views. Have you a back carrier?

Palafrugell, Spain
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Llafranc toddler friendly hotel?

You may find it easier to find accommodation in Calella de Palafrugell - it really isn't that far from Llafranc and has more options.

The headland walk itself has cut-throughs to a back-road for the premia linia houses on the headland. The road comes out at the car park on the entrance to Llafranc and ends just before the Torre above Canadell in Calella so you can avoid steps. You won't be able to do the paths at the ends overlooking the beaches, but you could at least get some of the views.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
917 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Llafranc toddler friendly hotel?

The whole of the cliff walk is very do-able with a pushchair - I've done it lots of times. The only obvious bit to avoid is the numerous steps leading up to it at the Llafranc end which, as Saul D rightly says can be avoided by just walking up the hill a liitle an then cutting in left.

There are steps along much of the way but are more like deep terraces and easy to negotiate. At the CdP end, continue on past the Torre so that you have the views overlooking Canadell beach but then follow the path up past the side of the Hotel Torre and rejoin the road into the village. We have taken a pushchair down onto Canadell beach to get to the restaurant there (whose name escapes me at the moment) so don't be too afraid of trying it.

I can't think of any hotel in Llafranc itself which has a pool.

The Hotel Alga in Calella de P has a nice garden area with a children's pool but although the hotel itself is situated along a flat road, you would have some kind of a hill to deal with when you wanted to go to the beach but there are various routes you can take to relieve the strain. It's very hard to avoid hills in the area.

4. Re: Llafranc toddler friendly hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 08:16
Get answers to your questions about Llafranc