NO NO NO
IF YOU ONLY EVER BELIEVE ONE HOLIDAY REVIEW BELIEVE THIS
Just back from there and need a holiday as we feel we didn't have a holiday.
1) We got an attic room with a sloping roof on floor 4, deary me what a disappointment right at the start, in half of the room you had to get on your hands and knees and we kept bumping our heads on it, wish i could post a picture, our 8 year old son almost cracked his skull. It only had a tiny window about 5 feet off the floor with no air con, 30c at night with no air we didn't sleep the whole time, very uncomfortable, it was so warm and the restroom was tiny, 6 foot by 4 if that, ive been in 3 star hotels with absolutely great showers.
2) Food was NOT good, it was boggin and this is a gross understatement, lunch was leftover breakfast made into other dishes, what looked like onion rings was squid, not great if your allergic to sea food as one persons child was as there were very few labels to say what the dishes were. There were green chips (e-coli right there). The burgers from the pool bar were pink or there were hot dogs on a crispy mini baguette. There was something called chicken nuggets for the kids at dinner but they were pink so the wee fella didn't have them but hey ho theres always chips. I took sausages which said they were chicken, curious i was, but they were pork. We were told the chef doesn't eat there and has a budget of 5 euros pp per day to feed 500 people, i don't even want to know how they manage that. If you want a coffee in the morning i suggest the place next door beside Carrefour supermarket, yes a supermarket. The hotel coffee was...,,.,.
well I'm not sure what it was but it tasted rank rotten, one sip was too much and the water was from the tap, would have preferred bottled but at least there was a supermarket next door.
After 2 days out of 11 we found a Scottish/English restaurant the Stote Inn with great owners, we ate there from then on having steak pies and bacon with eggs for breakfast and one night there were a dozen people wearing our all inclusive bands because they couldn't eat the hotel food either.
3) If you want a lounger by the pool you need to get up before 6am on holiday, happy fookin days, and break the rule of not just leaving towels on loungers, even though some families had ten loungers of which 5 were for kids, by 6.30 they were all covered in towels.
4) If you like karaoke EVERY night then fill your boots but theres only so much bad abba a person can take. Then theres the motorway at the front door when the karaoke stops.
We had asked for a different room on the first night but none had a walk in shower which we needed for my wife's mum. After the fourth day my wife almost cracked her skull on the attic, this was the final straw and i erupted with the manager on duty, he said he would give us a different room the next day, we didn't press it as we knew there were no suitable rooms and it wasn't mentioned again so we resigned ourselves into accepting a crap room. One night we had thunder storms and were told to put all our belongings on the beds off the floor in case the place flooded.
The entertainment team were dull and boring and the pool was always full. I don't think my son was asked once to take part in any activities though he's happy just being in the pool. We didn't go to the beach as it was shingle/gravel not sandy. My sons best day was at Marineland a short drive away but even that was over rated.
Of any good reviews on this place i would have to say "What the fcuk is wrong with you"?
5) We heard about 2 thefts. One woman who had 3 kids, one of whom had a serious condition and was virtually wheelchair bound, had her bag stolen at the front door while she was waiting for her transfer, passports, money, everything gone. The hotel didn't report it to the police and asked her to say she lost it, they tried to back track later and apparently the police were none to happy about it and its not good for claiming insurance. They did not deal with that well at all but at least they let her keep her band and stay, (they might have had a riot if not as everyone knew) and got her a taxi to the British Embassy in Barcelona to pass the buck, poor girl had a real nightmare on her hands, don't think the hotel would have been so helpful if she didn't have a disabled child though and she would have been billed for the taxi and the extra night stay for sure, they struggled to offer a free phone call. One other woman at least had £100 taken from her room, we were convinced it was staff.
I didn't find the staff rude but stand offish and slightly unfriendly, only interested in taking money from you in extra ways.
Overall a sh1te holiday because of a sh1te hotel but it could be better if better managed and modernised and theres very little to do around. Last year the hotel were we stayed in Salou was a palace compared to this, we have stayed in much better 3 star hotels so its unacceptable as there are many out there and booking here was a big mistake and a massive learning curve. The best thing (if there is such a thing) about this place is the free train into town, to the Stote Inn for a fryup actually.
6) At 5 euros per day for a bad wifi signal that was also crap so had to carefully manage data roaming, not looking forward to the phone bills coming in.