We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boast to Buyakada from Eminou

Phitsanulok...
Level Contributor
255 posts
291 reviews
Save Topic
Boast to Buyakada from Eminou

I was planning to take the ferry from Kabatas to Princess Island but now I read that the Kabattas docks are closed till 2018. I will stay in Sultanhmet and the next easily reached dock is Eminou. Are there ferries or other boats that go from Eminou to the Princess Islands. I don't mind stopping, but do not want to have to change boats in Kadikoy. I have tried looking at the schedules but they are not clear.

Edited: 13 April 2017, 12:07
6 replies to this topic
Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boast to Buyakada from Eminou

The ferry departs from Eminönü,then calls at Kadıköy to pick up more passengers and then goes across to the islands.Büyükada is the last one it stops at before returning to Istanbul.

If you have time then get off the ferry at Burgazada and Heybeliada before Büyükada as they are both beautiful to visit.

Mentioned in this post
Burgazada
Burgazada
160 Reviews
Princes' Islands, Turkey
Heybeliada
Heybeliada
Princes' Islands, Turkey
Phitsanulok...
Level Contributor
255 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boast to Buyakada from Eminou

Thank you very much. I finnaly did find an understandable schedule for Sehir Hatlari that shows the route you mention. Unfortunately the schedule is dated 2012, do you think its still correct ? I cannot find a more up to date schedule.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boast to Buyakada from Eminou

Here you are-

…sehirhatlari.istanbul/en/timetable/eminonu-…

So for example if you can take the 10.00 ferry it reaches Burgazada at 11.05 so you can spend an hour or so exploring and then take the ferry at 13.05 from there to Büyükada(arrives 13.35) for the afternoon and then maybe the 17.30 ferry back to Eminönü(arrives there are 19.10).

That would be a nice day out for you and give you chance to see the very nostalgic Burgazada,very lovely and not as touristy as Büyükada.

Mentioned in this post
Burgazada
Burgazada
160 Reviews
Princes' Islands, Turkey
Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
65 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boast to Buyakada from Eminou

Hi,

I want to know if I buy a ticket for Buyukada in Eminonu and then get off in the Heybeliada or Burgazada, then for going to Buyukada I should buy another ticket? (with same price?) or I can use my first ticket?

As I understood there are 2 type of ferries, fast and normal. How should I choose them? (Do they have different timetable?)

Thank you for your information inadvance.

nani

Mentioned in this post
Buyukada
Buyukada
Princes' Islands, Turkey
Heybeliada
Heybeliada
Princes' Islands, Turkey
Burgazada
Burgazada
160 Reviews
Princes' Islands, Turkey
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
40,635 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boast to Buyakada from Eminou

nani, You have to buy a separate ticket for inter island ferry rides. It is probably cheaper than the regular ticket from ıstanbul.

Yes, there are two types of ferries, the rgular which is called Sehir hatlari and the fast ferries that are called IDO. They have separate schedules, different fares and different piers. I suggest that you use Sehir Hatlari ferries.

enigma...

Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
65 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boast to Buyakada from Eminou

Again thank you for your very helpful information

Reply to: Boast to Buyakada from Eminou
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Buyukada
More Buyukada Topics