We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buyucada - teenagers?snorkelling?Any tips?

Brighton, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Buyucada - teenagers?snorkelling?Any tips?

I've booked at Naya guest house (good reviews)in Buyucada, Princes Island for a week. Is this too long?

My Teenage sons think they're going snorkelling. Are there any nice swimming places for that ? not too expensive.

Is the sea clean? I read last year the water was contaminated with e coli.

Are there any nice restaurants that won't rip us off? I keep reading about tourists being ripped off there.

Any tips with teens?

4 replies to this topic
Istanbul, Istanbul...
Level Contributor
26 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buyucada - teenagers?snorkelling?Any tips?

Buyukada is well DIRTY and not so clean but... snorkeling might be a good alternative. Well tell your teens to chill out. Well... they have bicylces however outrageous fees nothing else..

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,131 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buyucada - teenagers?snorkelling?Any tips?

Mircatfamily, Buyukada might have some snorkelling but it is not a beach resort as such. If you want to visit Istanbul frequently, then I suggest you spend only about 3-4 days at Buyukada and the rest at a nice boutique hotel in Istanbul. Here are the ferry schedules between Buyukada and Eminonu (the city). "sehirhatlari.com.tr/en/2010_2011_Kis_Tarifes…". Make sure to take the Grand Tur (Buyuk Tur) with a horse carriage at Buyukada. Here's more on Buyukada: "…nytimes.com/2011/…".

Enjoy Buyukada,

Enigma...

Athens, Ohio
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buyucada - teenagers?snorkelling?Any tips?

Don't bother going, if it isn't too late.

Melbourne, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Buyucada - teenagers?snorkelling?Any tips?

If you want to see the stunning side of Istanbul go to Bebek, Divan restaurant and walk on the coast . You can also go to Hisar Tea Garden in Rumelihisari, walking distance to Bebek. Istinye, also on the same side if Bosphorus, is incredibly beautiful. From Bebek, you can also take a ferry ride to all the idyllic ports of Bosphorus. For swimming you need to go to Fenerbahce peninsula or places like Sile and Kilyos where the sea is nice and clean.

Reply to: Buyucada - teenagers?snorkelling?Any tips?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Buyukada