We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leyburn

Which Leyburn hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Simon's Town, South...
Level Contributor
58 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Leyburn

We have made a booking at Eastbrook Cottage near Leyburn for 16 May 2014. I am not sure where we found it but I can find no reviews, good or bad. Has anyone stayed there? We will be driving up from Center Parcs, Elveden Forest, on our way to Dumfries and this is our stopover.

14 replies to this topic
Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,547 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leyburn

booking.com/hotel/…tab-reviews

It's a nice location - how many nights are you staying for?

There's a good pub in Leyburn if you want a meal in the evening.

http://www.sandpiperinn.co.uk/

Simon's Town, South...
Level Contributor
58 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leyburn

Just the one night. Thank you very much for the link, looks as if we should have a very pleasant stop-over. And thanks for the pub recommendation. Only problem is that we would be paying with South African rands, which do not go far at all (R18 to GBP1).

Leyburn, England...
Level Contributor
31 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leyburn

The Sandpiper is good, but you can have three good meals at the Bolton arms for the same price!

If you want to splash out we find the Blue Lion just down the road in East Witton superior.

I've not heard of Eastbrook Cottage, do you have an address?

Mike

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,547 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leyburn

Agree that the Blue Lion is lovely, and we also really rate the Wensleydale Heifer at West Witton.

But if you are travelling you might just want to stay in Leyburn that evening

Simon's Town, South...
Level Contributor
58 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leyburn

Eastbrook Cottage, Leyburn, DL8 5QP is the address Mike.

Edited: 25 March 2014, 20:31
Simon's Town, South...
Level Contributor
58 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leyburn

We are only spending one night there, really a stopover on our way to the Dumfries area for five days. My husband is looking for ancestors and Haugh of Urr was mentioned by his Dad.

Leyburn, England...
Level Contributor
31 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Leyburn

I think you will find that's in Bellerby, a village a few miles from Leyburn and not even In the Dales national Park. I'm sure it will be very comfortable but it's a shame you won't have much choice of eating places without driving. The cross keys pub in Bellerby is okay-ish but seems to get some good reviews on trip advisor. Check it out.

Simon's Town, South...
Level Contributor
58 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Leyburn

Oh we asked for accommodation in the Dales but as it is only a stopover we won't change it. Thanks for your interest.

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,547 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Leyburn

The Dales and the North Yorkshire Dales National Park are two different things in some ways. For instance Nidderdale is a dale but is completely outwith the National Park boundaries.

You will be fine in Bellerby and hopefully you will return some day for a longer stay.

Simon's Town, South...
Level Contributor
58 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Leyburn

Us foreigners get very confused as to the difference between the Yorkshire Dales and Moors!! Are they the same?

Reply to: Leyburn
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Leyburn
Recent Conversations
More Leyburn Topics