We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jakes... no longer island outpost it seems

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Jakes... no longer island outpost it seems

was just on the island outpost page and although Jakes is still on their map, the property is not listed/linked to... .

i googled and found their website seems to no longer have any island outpost association...

just curious as to when this happened? (and why if anyone knows the dirt LOL) it's probably been awhile lol

Chelle

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,500 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Jakes... no longer island outpost it seems

Even more interesting is that Jason Henzell, the owner of Jake's is now the President of Island Outpost

hotelnewsresource.com/article15317Jason_Henz…

All the information I've found still indicates that Jake's is an Island Outpost property with exception of Island Outpost's own web site.

Interesting.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jakes... no longer island outpost it seems

it is still in a few of the FAQs on the site, but if you look at any of the other sites (Caves, Strawberry Hill, Gee Jam), they all hold the same branding/layout ect... last i visited the Jakes site, it too held that *obvious* Island outposting branding... now it's very much independent looking....

the president thing is was from 2005...when Jakes was very much a IO property... apparently in the last year (or 2?) things have changed... although on the Jakes website, they do not even have any semblance of a booking engine (soon come) which makes me think this might be a recent development?

Chelle

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jakes... no longer island outpost it seems

I don't have any inside scoop, but the Jake's website was redesigned to its current look about a year ago. I don't recall whether there was more Island Outpost branding the last time I looked at it.

It was soon followed by a redesign of http://www.goldeneye.com/site/ and the Geejam site was redesigned earlier this year as well, so maybe their web agency is getting a bit more freedom (or budget) to build unique sites and experiences based on the personality of each property.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,500 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Jakes... no longer island outpost it seems

Guests staying at Jake's must still sign an Island Outpost release of liability and waiver.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jakes... no longer island outpost it seems

you're right mojo... i was linking the sites from the island outpost site which was giving me the way they once looked (all organized and stuff LOL), but noticed that it is different for Goldeneye too... and that Gee Jam can link to the a different site as well... the caves and strawberry hill do not have their own websites at all...

i know that Island Outpost isn't the owner of these properties per say, they were just branded under their "branding", but it really apperar that IO has disassociated itself with Jakes? there are still references and links to island outpost from Jakes site, but not the other way around...

i did pop a note on their "contact us" form, i will let you know if i hear anything!

Chelle

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jakes... no longer island outpost it seems

i don't recall signing an island outpost waiver at strawberry hill BP... might that be for the spa services (which it seems that's one section Jakes still links thru to IO)..

Chelle

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,500 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Jakes... no longer island outpost it seems

www.treasurebeachonestop.com/schedulec.pdf

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jakes... no longer island outpost it seems

lol...i don't believe i ever signed that :) wait... my back hurts ever since...... ;)

Chelle

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jakes... no longer island outpost it seems

here's the statement i was given from the island outpost comment form response

"Jakes Resort is indeed no longer apart of the Island Outpost family and Mr.Jason Henzel is no longer the president. You can contact Jakes at 1876-965-3000 or jakes@cwjamaica.com. Thanks and have a great day!"

guess that clears it up... but i'll be nosey and try to find out when this was effective :)

Chelle

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,500 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Jakes... no longer island outpost it seems

Good detective work. I wonder what's up too. there was an article earlier this year (which I cannot find) about some changes that Chris Blackwell was planning which included developing the Caves a little more and I believe it did mention Jake's too so maybe he is changing his focus a little.

Get answers to your questions about Treasure Beach