We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental advice please

yorkshire
Level Contributor
160 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental advice please

We hope to be travelling to Jamaica in December, spending our first week in Treasure Beach area and second in Negril. We want to rent a car from Treasure Beach, returning it to Negril. Can anyone advise on companies who do this please? I have checked out islandrentals.com and they appear to be able to offer this - any others?

Tubingen, Germany
Level Contributor
22 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Car rental advice please

you could ask Treasuretours for transportation, or call a local route taxi driver. Need phone numbers ?

yorkshire
Level Contributor
160 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Car rental advice please

Thanks but it is more for running around between Treasure Beach and Aberdeen where my partner's family live. He is going to speak to one of his friends. Thanks for help everyone.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,047 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Car rental advice please

Up in the cockpits? Yeah....that's probably best. You can get a scooter from Treasure Tours but I wouldn't want to try to take one way up there :)

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
88 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Car rental advice please

We rented from Atlas Choice and got a cheaper rate than even going direct. Probably saved 25%. Although you aren't told the Rental firm, we ended up with Island Rental, and paid less for a 3 week trip than we did for a 2 week trip 4 years ago. We also have a BMO World Elite Credit Card, so the CDW and theft is covered.

London, England...
Level Contributor
10 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Car rental advice please

Not sure if you were sorted or not, but a friend of mine has a car rental business and always delivers to us in TB. He has delivered cars to us all over the Island! He is located in Sav la Mar, so would be happy to collect from Negril. He is fully licensed and most helpful and very reasonably priced.

Have fun!

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,047 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Car rental advice please

Great rates Nikki, even with CDW insurance for only $10 a day! Have you used Pat's often?

Negril, Jamaica
8 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Car rental advice please

I currently live in Jamaica and use Pat's Car Rental Jamaica - http://www.patscarrentaljamaica.com - when I required a rental car. I can recommend them as a quality Jamaican Car Rental Company that provides great cars and customer service. They offer Special Free Airport Rent-A-Car Services. Upon your arrival at Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay, we bring your selected vehicle to you, and upon your return to the airport for departure we pick the vehicle up from you. This Airport Rent-A-Car service is free, at no cost to you.

North Sioux City...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Car rental advice please

Have you ever driven in Jamaica? Hire a driver! There's no way Id want to drive there... There's plenty of transpiration available at very reasonable rates

North Sioux City...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: Car rental advice please

Here is a great guide to get you where you need to go...safely and economically. .. Arthur Garvey aka Pablo... 18763747567

Negril, Jamaica
8 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Car rental advice please

Hi Yes I suggest that you contact Pat's Car Rental Jamaica [Roan]. I as sure that they would be able to aid you with your car rental. Their Website address: http://www.patscarrentaljamaica.com - E-mail: reservations@patscarrentaljamaica.com.

Get answers to your questions about Treasure Beach