We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving advice

Which Ceiba hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Placitas, NM
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Driving advice

Hello: My son and I are heading to Puerto Rico for Spring break. We plan to see Arecibo telescope before heading over to Ceiba airport for our flight to Vieques. Just wondering if PR is the best route. Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving advice

Your post is really vague. Where will you be traveling from--the San Juan international airport? What is "PR"? Do you mean PR-22?

From San Juan you need to take Highway 22 west to the town of Arecibo. From Highway 22 in Arecibo, there is no direct road to the Arecibo telescope. You can head south on Road 129 to Road 134 to Rd 635 east and finally south again on Road 625 which dead ends at the observatory.

Placitas, NM
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving advice

Yes, it would help if I proofread my post before posting. Sorry! We'll be leaving from Arecibo and heading to Ceiba airport. What I meant to ask is if PR 22 is the quickest route to Ceiba airport from the observatory, or if there was a shorter southern route. Thx.

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving advice

Yes, you need to take PR-22 west through San Juan to PR-26 and then jump onto the Rt 66 expressway east to Rt 3 east to Highway 53 to Ceiba.

Edited: 05 March 2012, 01:06
Reply to: Driving advice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ceiba