We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June weather

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
June weather

Hello! We’re going to be in AMI the week of June 11th and looking at the weather channel app, it looks like it’s predicting a 50% chance of rain every day until 6/14 (that’s how far it goes for now). Is this typical for this time? I’m truly hoping it won’t be a washout. I don’t seem to see any storms brewing, so I’m hoping this is just the typical sunny/cloudy then those pop up showers that people have been talking about.

5 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
21,970 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: June weather

"it looks like it’s predicting a 50% chance of rain every day until 6/14 (that’s how far it goes for now). Is this typical for this time?" - In my experience that's fairly typical for that time of year with the possibility of showers (some heavy) later in the day but you'll still get some dry sunny spells.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: June weather

Thank you so much! I’ll take those showers along with the dry/sunny times. 😊

upstate NY
Level Contributor
539 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: June weather

We were just on AMI from 5/15-5/23 and every day the forecast predicted 70% chance of rain all day every day. We definitely had more clouds and rain than we've ever had on AMI in May, but nowhere near what was predicted. We had lengthy periods of sun every single day. All of that is to say don't put too much faith in the forecasts. You'll likely have mostly beautiful weather!

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: June weather

Thank you very much maya44, that’s good to know. We cannot wait to visit!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
37,699 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: June weather

A 50% chance of rain means that 5 out of 10 locations in a given area will receive measurable precipitation in a 24-hour period.

If it is 1/4", that counts. If it's 4", that counts, too.

It makes no prediction about how much rain will fall, or how long the shower/storm might last -- only that at some point in that 24 hour period, there will be wet stuff falling. That's all.

Reply to: June weather
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria Island