We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for a couple

Peoria, IL
Level Contributor
553 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for a couple

We plan to visit AMI in October arriving at the Clearwater/St. Pete airport. Depending on our visit to Busch Gardens, we will stay in AMI either a full week or 5 nights.

We usually like beachfront condos, walking distance to restaurants/bars. If we don't stay a full week, it may be difficult to find a condo.

I've read where the northern part of the island is the quietest and easiest to travel around on.

Any suggestions of places to stay with these requests are appreciated.

Thank you!

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,784 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for a couple

Morganmom - There are options if you can not stay an entire week. Take a look at La Costa Condo's and if you like them Private Message me and I will give you information, one of our fellow posters has a condo there and will rent less than a week.

If that does not work out, The Harrington House B&B is an awesome place for a couple, very romantic.

I can also recommend Bungalow Beach Resort and Toruga Inn, both a quite and very nice.

Salem, Indiana
Level Contributor
153 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for a couple

We had our first visit to AMI over Thanksgiving. Thru this forum and lots of research on our own we came across a very neat little place on VRBO. Right on the beach, (right on the beach,) only steps from the Sandbar Resturant. Needless to say we are hooked. Loved the area, loved our place to stay (real old Florida Charmmy) loved the beach, loved the Sandbar, loved our walks, loved all the sand-dollars that we found, loved all the friendly people that we met on our walks, just loved it all. Need I say more. Oh, by the way the # on the VRBO place is 74977. Miss Judy does rent by the night if you only need a few nights versus a week. Have a WONDERFUL trip. P.S. Only 50 more days till my toes are back on that sand!!!!

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,784 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for a couple

gigi, I love and share your enthusiasm about the island, bet you are getting excited about your trip.

I wanted to comment that several months ago I did look into renting these units for our family reunion the first of June, I had read your review and they really look great and I know the area but Judi would not rent for less than a week that far in advance. I am sure she was in hopes of renting them out for a whole week, which I certainly understand but was disappointed that we could stay there.

We decided on the Dolphin Inn, it is one of the few places that over the many years I have not stayed in but they are able to accomodate 9 of us and for only 3 days. Wish me luck that the property is nice, from the website it looks great but you know how that is! I'll let everyone know how they were after our visit.

Peoria, IL
Level Contributor
553 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for a couple

gigisbeach,

Thanks for the vrbo tip! Between you and Rustcat's helpful info, I know we'll enjoy AMI!

You will be there before me so have a great time! I know you've had a long winter too so enjoy!

5. Re: Suggestions for a couple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 09:29