We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

child friendly nice accommodation - Tortuga Inn?

scotland
Level Contributor
202 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
child friendly nice accommodation - Tortuga Inn?

I am looking for child friendly good accommodation for family for 5 nights. I have heard good reports about Tortuga Inn. Can anyone comment or suggest anything else please.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: child friendly nice accommodation - Tortuga Inn?

Not stayed at Tortuga but have stayed next door (Bermuda Bay ) and I can say it looks a really nice place.

Bermuda Bay is worth a look at - a small "street" of 2 and 3 bed townhouses with shared pool.

Depending on when you are going you can usually negotiate a deal on rates.

floridabeachnbayproperty.com/bin/web/real_es…

if you want something a bit more upmarket then see below.

http://annamaria.com/

anna Maria island
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: child friendly nice accommodation - Tortuga Inn?

Tortuga is a very nice resort. This resort is not like a four seasons or a hilton....it is a resort but way more layed back. The resort is across the the street to the beach. Sometimes the street is a little on the busy side, however the kids won't be playing near the street anyway. The the resort has its own 'private' beach. Again no big deal, for much of the year people on AMI have the place to themselves and the Island is like their own private Island.

The rooms are very nice and spacious.

- overall, like the last poster mentioned you may find a better value booking a house from a vacation rental company.

- if your family needs bikes or baby supplies www.FunandmoreRentals.com will help you out.

- a vacation rental company with hundreds of properties is www.annamariaparadise.com

TN
Level Contributor
126 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: child friendly nice accommodation - Tortuga Inn?

I would look at Anna Maria Beach Cottages.

http://www.annamariabeachcottages.com/

Maybe just get a large studio or a 1 bedroom.

We're about to stay there with our 3 kids (in the 3 bedroom). Proximity to the beach was a deciding factor for us. No streets to cross, just a few houses down and you're there. The location was a lot more practical with kids in tow than other places (in our price range) we found on the island.

Also, if you look them up on tripadvisor.com... disregard the 2nd review. I talked to the managers about what happened and they said the family apparently cooked spaghetti but the place was left like there was a food fight. Their cleaning company had to spend an extra 2 hrs cleaning up the place.

Also, after google mapping the entire island (and from what I've read from others), I really wanted to stay in the northern part. Seems to be more trees, more foilage and overall just more quiet since it's mostly residential - but yet close to some of the major attractions (i.e. Rod and Reel Pier).

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: child friendly nice accommodation - Tortuga Inn?

Tortuga is a beautiful property, right across the street from the sand and surf. We have stayed there many times and have always had a wonderful time, great location.

Also look at www.thebluedolphininn.com we stayed there with a large family in May and it was wonderful. We liked the three bedroom unit, big bedrooms and a huge screened in porch.

5. Re: child friendly nice accommodation - Tortuga Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 12:18