We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got home from A M Island - and yes we loved it too !

Aberdeenshire
Level Contributor
56 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Just got home from A M Island - and yes we loved it too !

Flew to Anna Maria Island on 16th Oct for a weeks holiday then spent the second week in Orlando.

I received some good advise from people on this forum so thought I would drop by and say thanks.

We had a lovely time, the weather was hot but rather windy at times, however it helped keep us cool at times. I think it was about 86 degrees most days and one day we had a very dramatic storm with rain ( Ha, just like Scotland ! ) Infact it was the day we decided to BBQ so maybes we brought it on ourselves !

We spent our time relaxing, walking on the lovely beach, fishing, swimming and eating. We had intended to visit Sarasota and St Armands Circle but never made it, time just passed us by.

We ate at Mr Bones the first night and didnt really like it, nothing wrong with it, very tender ribs, just not our sort of place I guess and the waitress wasnt very friendly either.

We had breakfast at the Beach front cafe which was lovely, we did have to wait for a table though as it was a Sunday and very very busy, guess we waited 20 mins. Lovely friendly staff.

We had a very nice meal at the Rod and Reel Pier, great staff and great food, and nice friendly fishermen to chat too.

The Sandbar and its sister restaurant were also good, if a little busy and hurried service, the sunsets were lovely.

I guess my favourite was the Sunhouse, lovely interior and fab food, plus try the wine tasting, very nice.

We saw dolphins every day often several times, you just have to keep a look out, also a huge variety of different seabirds and fish. The local fishermen pointing out the different types.

Everyone on the Island was very friendly in the local shops aswell, there is a large Public supermarket to stock up with any products you may need.

Guess we just need to return to try out the things we missed !

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just got home from A M Island - and yes we loved it too !

Good to hear you had a good trip. Yes, you will have to return!

Indy
Level Contributor
1,381 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just got home from A M Island - and yes we loved it too !

Thank you for your report!

We're doing the opposite in May/jUNE...Orlando than AMI.

:O)

Trish

Salem, Indiana
Level Contributor
153 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just got home from A M Island - and yes we loved it too !

So glad to hear that you had a good time. We knew you would. In all the MANY times that I have read this post I don't think that I have ever seen anyone have a bad time!!! You will be back!!! I have 26 more days, then I will have 7 glorious days. I am soooo ready. Had a rough few weeks, with my job and family. We need the break and will cherish every moment!!

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
596 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just got home from A M Island - and yes we loved it too !

Glad to hear you enjoyed it - I'm doing the opposite Orlando then AMI in May and are visiting AMI following advice from the forum so its really useful to read thats its as good as everyone says.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
200 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just got home from A M Island - and yes we loved it too !

Missmilly you will have a fab time. We have been to AMI 4 times now and loved it more each time. I am so envious everytime I read this forum and see all the people visiting the island. I look forward to hearing all about it.

scotland
Level Contributor
170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Just got home from A M Island - and yes we loved it too !

glad you love AMI. I'm Scottish too and think it's just a fabulous place

7. Re: Just got home from A M Island - and yes we loved it too !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 20:20
Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria Island